Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/22/13 (Read 14 times)

Finally PRed!!!

SIAR: But the central governor is the brain, no? It makes sense to me that the brain is in a very different condition in a race environment.

Here's an interesting article by Noakes on the subject:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Striated_Muscle_Physiology/10.3389/fphys.2012.00082/full

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR: But the central governor is the brain, no? It makes sense to me that the brain is in a very different condition in a race environment.

Here's an interesting article by Noakes on the subject:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Striated_Muscle_Physiology/10.3389/fphys.2012.00082/full

Right, so I guess the brain will reduce its "protectiveness" if we have other goals. I'll check the article out.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

NTS - Thanks for the weekend reading!
        So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

NTS - Thanks for the weekend reading!

Yeah, I was tempted to ask for the bound textbook version!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  A quick hello.  I woke up sick but feel good enough to do my race tomorrow.  Now I have a sick kitty (same one) at the vet, hoping I can pick her up and that is not serious.  This week really sucks.

BBL, hopefully with good news.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

You're welcome! Smile

Docket: I'm sorry about your kitty. Hope she is better. Glad you're feeling better, and I hope your race goes well.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yes, good luck Docket! I hope you enjoy it. Good luck to kitty too.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I didn't get my run in today.  I packed shorts thinking it would be warmer at noon but it never got out of the 30s today with wind chill.  Plus, I was being pulled in a million different directions and didn't realize it was lunchtime until 1pm anyway.  Oh well.

SIAR, I'm a seeded runner for the CB.  My 10-miler time is actually the fastest of my PRs.  I've run high 1:08 twice.  Which is why I was struggling so much with goal marathon pace this season.  According to McMillan, that makes me a sub-3:15 marathoner, I think...  Nice job on the workout.

Jack, I'm 200 and something.  I can't believe I'm seeded that high.  It looks like there are 3 different "mini" corrals in corral 1 - elite, the 100s and the 200s...  I'm sorry about the sudden shock that you're not in the open category.  I'm still a little in denial that I'm a master's runner.

D_R, Good luck tomorrow!  You're a machine!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

fake it till you make it

Hello dailies!  Been buried under a rock (work) this week. Up to my eyeballs in overtime.  Was planning to cutback miles this week anyway for a race on Sunday, but wasn't planning on cutting back quite so much.  But, my plan didn't come with any cutback weeks built in and after a speedy 12 that felt easy today (I kept seeing 7:somethings on my garmin and made myself slow down over and over)  I'm thinking a bit of a layoff might've been good.  If nothing else it restores my faith in the taper making MP pace feel easier on race day.

Julia new plans/goals already- I like it!

Scott you are practically neighbors with my brother.  Well, sort of.  He lives in Mt. Airy- I remember driving through Frederick when visiting him.  Seems like a very nice, pretty area.

Hilltopper good luck with the new running streak!

Jack I couldn't agree with you more about spring.  Forecast here for my 5 mile race sunday is 32/flurries.  Last year the same race was 70 degrees.  *sigh*

swift sounds like you are recovering very nicely!

marco  enjoy that last LR until boston. since i'm not getting a long run this week I'm going to do one more 20 next weekend then taper.  Exciting to get into those final workouts- but honestly I'll miss my long runs!

jodi  mini golf- sounds like a fun spring break!

rvd I'm a huge nerd when it comes to numbers on my garmin data, but I just cannot get myself interested in HR data.  But, I totally understand the fun in looking at those numbers!

siar  wow, just.. wow.  nice paces on those workouts.

docket- hoping for better times to come for you &  the kitty. sounds like you both could use a break.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jen...was hoping you were just busy with work. It sounds like the timing was perfect since you're feeling nice and fresh before your race. I hope it goes well!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...I think those McMillan paces are just out there to confuse us and to make us over-estimate our capabilities! Seeded runner sounds very special. I want seeds too.