Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/11/13 (Read 14 times)

PressingOn

Marco, I was looking at the calendar and realizing we need to find you a race for this weekend. Smile. I think you and Pressing are the only regulars not racing.

Yep, I'm raced out for a little while.  Smile  In fact, I'll be dropping my Cupcake Run down to the 5k.  If you get a chance to change that on the calendar, that'd be great.  My coach thinks I should rest for Tacoma City Marathon, which could be added to the calendar.  It's May 5th.  No biggie.  I have a friend new to running doing the Cupcake 5K so I'm simply gonna run it with her for fun.  I'll still get a medal and a cupcake.  How's that for some easy earned bling?

Bad Ass

PO, sorry to hear about grandma but it sounds like you guys had a chance to say goodbye.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

JenRosie--bib numbers are out!!!

Julia--No races around here this time of year....I don't think.  Just trying to pile on the miles and hope to do a LR either Saturday or Sunday.

Pressing--sorry to hear about your grandmother...is she close by to you and your family?

jackdyl11

Hi everyone! I finally have a few minutes to sit down so I thought I'd check in.

Princess: Hope you had fun at the pool!

Julia: It sounds like you're all ready! I read that raisin sandwich comment twice as well.  The PB&J was a good audible!

DR: I hope your recovery run went well

Jodi: Almost there! I don't know if I ever congratulated you on the excellent HM, but after running a 1:48 you're set up for another huge PR this weekend!

Scott: Resting is definitely the right move right now.  I'm sure you'll feel 100% on race day, and you're so close now you're not going to lose anything.   Sorry to hear about your daughter.  Is she feeling any better by now?

NTS: Sounds like a fun run

RVD: Congrats on the big 10k this weekend!!  I was considering trying the Aussie method but I think I'll try experimenting before a B race first, if I ever schedule one.

Marco: That's a lot of miles!  Good luck fitting them into your busy schedule.

SIAR: How did your foot strike change when you were focussing on bringing your leg through?  Was it more fore foot vs rear foot, or more inside vs outside?

PO: I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma.  It sounds like you have a very cute niece though! That sounds a bit rude of the doctor! I don't think I would have enjoyed that. It'll be a good story in a few years though.

I'm going to rest today - I got a new schedule from my coach and she's planning a different ending to the training than I had imagined.  There's a lot more hard long runs, and a bit lower mileage.  I've gotten 3 20s and a few 18s in so far, so I think I'm ok with only having one more 20+ run, especially when it's 10 easy/12 mp.

Yesterday I managed to do 20.6 with the last 6 at GMP.  Actually, it was effectively a little faster than GMP because I had my trainers on but still managed about 6:01-02.  I started out too fast though and there was some fade.  I hope all the MP miles in the next few weeks will lock that pace in.

jojo61397

Thanks Jack....

bummed my sunglasses (running and athletic glasses) broke.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

double post..

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Julia1971

All in for Boston

PressingOn, I made the changes.  A medal AND a cupcake sound divine.  Although, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to frosting.  I like the light airy super sugary stuff but I feel like butter crème is what you get most time...  Hope your body is recovering from exercise shock.

Marco, I think it's going to be another cold weekend.  Old Man Winter doesn't want to release his grip.

Jack, I'm thinking maybe I should invent the raisin sandwich, get rich, and retire...  Excellent that MP feels okay so early in the program.

JoJo, Bummer.  Are they prescription or can you replace them easily?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

jojo61397

Non-prescription.  Easy to replace, but not in my budget Sad.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds