Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/6 (Read 170 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

PRESSING...I totally felt like I was being hazed! I could maybe outrun them, but they could out tri me for sure. I believe there are a couple sub-12 iron men in the group. I hope the 3 went well. JULIA...glad you had a good run in. Thats crazy that you can run to work about as fast as you can drive, at least if you didn't add the miles. Being flexible with Pfitz seems smart - sometimes it can just be too much. BETH...thanks, that's super nice of you to say. I used to despise the red hair, but I've grown accustomed to it. My favorite Amazing Race pair ever were the cowboy brothers. Do you remember them? I'm still impressed that you're going to start training Christmas week. I'm just hoping to keep my momentum going, but I dont think I could get it rolling that week. MARCO...hope you got some good info. Work trainings, at least in my experience, are so hit or miss. Nice job just getting it done.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: great job with your 12  miles to work.

Docket: glad you had a good run, hope tonight's is good too.

jojo: right, maybe just make the extra day very easy like others have suggested.

SIAR and Scott: Back on My Feet, in their own words, is "a non-profit organization that uses running as a catalyst to empower people transitioning out of homelessness." They have chapters in several cities now, and are still starting new ones. What they do is work with existing transitional living facilities to get some of the residents involved in regular running  programs. The non-residential members (volunteers) go running with the residential members (in groups) in the morning. The members also train for and take part in races. After the residential members participate in the runs regularly for a period of time, they can also get assistance with job training, finding a more permanent place to live, etc. The running helps with self-esteem, goal setting , discipline, etc.

You can also look at www.backonmyfeet.org if interested.

SIAR: great job running 11.88 on your own. I will have to get used to getting up early for the BoMF runs. 

Scott: I agree with the others about not rushing into 15--I would definitely take the return to running slow, especially if the pain is not completely gone. The mistake I made when I was injured in 2010 is I kept trying to return too soon, and the pain would come back. The good thing is I really have not been injured since then, so over a 2 year streak of no injury!

Pressing: hope you had a nice 3.

marco: good job getting some miles in.

B.S.: ha, your username still cracks me up! Nice to enjoy being flexible about the running before real training starts.

SRD for me today.  I will do a short run early tomorrow with BoMF and then hopefully sometime later a tempo run.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just Keep "Tri" ing

much. BETH...thanks, that's super nice of you to say. I used to despise the red hair, but I've grown accustomed to it. My favorite Amazing Race pair ever were the cowboy brothers. Do you remember them? I'm still impressed that you're going to start training Christmas week. I'm just hoping to keep my momentum going, but I dont think I could get it rolling that week. MARCO...hope you got some good info. Work trainings, at least in my experience, are so hit or miss. Nice job just getting it done.

I'll tell you a secret......lots of gals LOVE a guy with red hair....true story

Loved the cowboy brothers!! Jet and Cord!!! It took me at least 3 episodes to figure out they were brothers

because they didnt look at all alike!

I think my favorite of all time were the hippies..B.J and Tyler, season 9...they were just so "life is good, we love

everyone" and sometimes they didn't seem very bright or to have much apptitide at anything and I loved that

they won!

Last year I did my last long run before Bermuda on Boxing Day which was also my 50th day! Hows that for

dedication!LOL

Swift, Hi!!!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

thinkin about glory days

Hello?  Anyone here?

Just got home from work...long day.  But at least it started with a 5.6 mile run.  Took my new shoes out for a test drive.  ASICS Gel Blur33 2.0.  First impression: a little stiffer and heavier than I expected.  Maybe I just need to get used to them.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29