JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Right about now, I'm wishing I hadn't stayed up all night watching the Oscars.  Sad  I think I had a nap yesterday, which I think accounts for why I'm up this morning.  Half way through my Nuun and coffee is ready.  On tap for the day - 12 miles with 6x1200m intervals...  30 degrees?  I thought we were done with the freezing temps?  (Sigh).

jojo61397

Julie-- we watched until best song, then crashed...

girding my loins.  Pouring right now (probably going to be a tornado).  Running 4 intervals of 5 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Julia, easy.  Run tonight Joking

Jodi, I assume hubby contacted you?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Docket--  yep.  It took him an hour to get through the finish line festival, and then 25 minute wait for busses to the hotel.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

fake it till you make it

Good morning!

An easy 8 done this morning with friends.  The nice temps and thaw yesterday froze overnight and made for slick footing today. Both gals I ran with fell this morning and I had lots of near-falls. Thankfully neither of them were hurt.  Seriously ready for spring here.

Julia I didn't watch the Oscars at all.  Going to have to surf the web today to see who won what and who wore what.

Jodi congrats to your huz for the huge PR! Hope your run today is tornado-free!

DR enjoy your 6 miles tonight.

I'm back to night shifts tonight and tomorrow.  Got up at 4 a.m. to run, not going to be able to nap today, working all night.  And then have enough energy to run intervals after I sleep tomorrow and go back for another night?  I see a lot of coffee in my near future.

Has Broken Parts

Good Morning!  I have 8 miles on tap. I'm working from home today so I will wait a little longer for the sun to work its magic before heading out.

Julia - Sorry you had to head out into the sub freezing temps this morning.  I didn't make it through much of the Oscars last night. DW and I forgot it was on and watched a couple episodes of Parenthood on demand. This has become our new favorite show. We have watched the first two seasons in just a few weeks and are now on season 3.

Jojo - I'm glad hubby turned up safe and sound.  I'm sure that was a stressful couple hours for you waiting for him!  Good luck getting your 20 in with the weather you are having!

Docket - Have a good 6 later.

From yesterday

Marco - Sometimes life gets in the way. I hope the job continues to be less stressful. Have fun with the vehicle shopping!

NTS - That elevation profile looks scary to me!  10-11 looks rough but so does 16-18.  It sounds like you are all trained up for that with your group runs on the course.  Having run on so much of the course will be a great advantage for you.  I considered going for one of those elevated adjusted pace band but I'm still pretty bad at self pacing.  I'll use a band, but one with even splits just to let me know where I am overall.

SIAR - I'm a sucker for kids. I will high 5 any kid within reach.

Pressing - I haven't started checking the forecast quite yet, but thanks for the reminder. Smile  I guess a Hawaii vacation is a decent excuse for your coach.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Wad Up Runnin Crazies,

I have a cardio workout this morning but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead. My race is this saturday so now I'm focusing on gettin the rest I need so I'm fresh and ready to kill my PR.

My workouts went great this weekend. I nailed everyone of them. Yesterdays was awesome. I had mile repeats which coach told us she wanted us to run close to race pace but since this was suppose to be our first time doin it she wanted us to run them 15-20 slower. (she was talkin mainly to the tri ppl cause I've run these before). I ended up runnin mine 30-40 sec faster than race pace. I felt great with the exception of the sun beatin down on me and me over dressed with my base layer. (I could have just used my runnin tank.)

Weather is lookin great for saturday. So far the low is suppose to be 38 and the high 56 with 5-10mph winds, partyly cloudy. This course is super flat so I'm expecting a great run and hopefully and almost 9min pr.

julia - the groundhog lied. but in this case I'm glad. I want the cold weather for my run. after that...I don't care

jojo - stay safe. I put off my run last thursday cause we had similar conditions

docket - how you feelin? better I hope

jenrosie - glad none of you were hurt. please be careful out there. fortunately we don't have that stuff here to worry about (unless it's somekind of freak of nature).

Imnotscott - have a great run this moring.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

Cc, I still have a buzzing headache but very light.  Hoping the migraine does not come back because it was a wasted weekend.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone. I'm waiting a bit for my run. It looks like today will be the nicest day in the next 10, so I'd better enjoy it.

Julia...I gave up and went to sleep right before they did all the big awards. It seems like the main ones were what the experts thought. 1200s can be tough...hope they went well.

Jodi...hope your 20 miler works out for you.

Docket...enjoy your 6 later. Are you worn out from all this racing yet?

Jen...glad you survived the slippery 8 miles. Keep that coffee brewing!

Scott...have a good 8 later when the sun is out. I saw your edit to your other post. Just be sure you're still monitoring the pace when you go with the pacer so he doesn't take you out too hard.

CC...nice to have those confidence boosters before your race! I hope the forecast stays so favorable for you too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

One interval down, 3 to go....

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Yesterday I did 3wu+12MP+3cd and all was well.  I had been worried about hamstring stuff and took Saturday as an URD just in case.  It was raining anyway and if I had run after ti stopped I would have had less than a day of down time before my LR on Sunday.  It was the last LR of this Hanson schedule.  Next week is only an easy 12.

Did 5 on the treadmill this morning.  It was real slow.  I had trouble getting the legs moving for the first mile but gradually sped it up a bit.  Tomorrow will be 5k intervals.

Bad Ass

Actually, no.  Last year I was run down by the ING Miami, and I've done two more as compared to last year and I'm not even feeling it.

Hey everyone. I'm waiting a bit for my run. It looks like today will be the nicest day in the next 10, so I'd better enjoy it.

Julia...I gave up and went to sleep right before they did all the big awards. It seems like the main ones were what the experts thought. 1200s can be tough...hope they went well.

Jodi...hope your 20 miler works out for you.

Docket...enjoy your 6 later. Are you worn out from all this racing yet?

Jen...glad you survived the slippery 8 miles. Keep that coffee brewing!

Scott...have a good 8 later when the sun is out. I saw your edit to your other post. Just be sure you're still monitoring the pace when you go with the pacer so he doesn't take you out too hard.

CC...nice to have those confidence boosters before your race! I hope the forecast stays so favorable for you too.

Blog

jojo61397

2 intervals down, 2 more to go...

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Julia1971

All in for Boston

The interval workout was kind of brutal. My legs didn't have much umph in them and every rep was a struggle. The wind didn't help, either. I kept telling myself it's almost over. Just two more hard days and I'll pretty much be tapering.

I do my intervals on the trail. For the last few weeks, I've noticed a homeless man sleeping on the trail. There's a section that goes under a highway, and they like to sleep under the overpass for shelter. But, this guy has been ON the trail. It's been weighing on my mind but I haven't been sure what to do - I don't know his mental state and since I run alone early in the morning, I'd have to rely on a passing cyclist to help me if things turned bad. Anyway, today, as I approached the spot, he was standing up and relieving himself. Again, on the trail. I decided to call the county human services department. Not sure if there's anything they can do but I'm afraid he's either going to get run over or confronted one of these days.

JoJo, Keep up the good work! You can do it! It's mind over matter.

D_R, You are a machine. Glad to see you're feeling better.

RVD, Glad to see the hammie complied yesterday. The rest probably did it good.

SIAR, Have fun waiting out the weather. It's nice to have the flexibility in your schedule.

CC, Glad the workout went well. Sounds like you're ready to do some damage to your PR.

Scott, It was cold AND windy. Not fun. I was so hopeful. Oh well. Looks like we'll have wind all week.

JenRosie, I'm past ready for spring... Yes, you're going to need to caffeine. Smile ... I didn't even see any of the movies so I'm not sure why I stayed up so late watching.