Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/15/13 (Read 14 times)

Sitting in the Holiday Inn bar in Virginia Beach trying to see if Merlot can kill a cold. it looks like the Shamrock going to be a windy affair.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Don't know if any of you read my post from a few days ago.

Being a full time caregiver to a my 84 yr old Aunt who now lives with us is not leaving much time

for the interwebs. I only have a few minutes a day to myself, except for my runs/swims. She

will likely be with us for 4-5 months until we can find an assisted living facility.

Plus we need to clean our her apartment and do all her personal errands/banking ,etc.

Have a good weekend!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...so nice of you to take her in...I hope the transition is smooth for all involved.

RVD...feel better. Maybe it will be a tail wind.

Signing off. Goodnight and good luck.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Merlot or a good Cabernet will kill just about anything...  I know it's on the carbo load list along with chocolate and swedish fish...

Sitting in the Holiday Inn bar in Virginia Beach trying to see if Merlot can kill a cold. it looks like the Shamrock going to be a windy affair.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Has Broken Parts

Scott, Are you freaking out?  I imagine you're cool as a cucumber.

I'm far from being cool as cucumber.  I'm freaking out a lot but I love it.

My tactic is to embrace the nervousness.  Moments like this is just one more thing that makes life worth living. The nervous anticipation is a lot like climbing that first big hill on a roller coaster. You are excited and nervous and the butterflies come and you know you are about to have a great time.  This, for me, is the best part.

I wish I had time for personals to everyone but I actually still have stuff to get ready for tomorrow.  I may post more later if I can't sleep, which is highly probably considering I took an hour nap after I got back from the expo.  Thanks so much for all the well wishes, it really means a lot to me.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Has Broken Parts

SIAR-- more hurt Sad.  I have been married 16 years and every year this same thing has happened just about every year.  Ironically MIL and FIL are no longer married (bitterly divorced actually), but they still manage to get their little digs in here and there.  One time MIL actually filled out a check with "for DH only" on the memo line, and it did arrive on my birthday.

That's pretty awful.  Happy early birthday from me too!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Beth...so nice of you to take her in...I hope the transition is smooth for all involved.

Thanks SIAR. I love her very much but suddenly taking over all responsibility for someone

else's care, belongings,  personal business, meals,  etc, 24/7 is overwhelming.

It's only been 3 days and I'm stressed already. But we will get through.

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I can't be outdone by Shwings.  Here are my blinged out shoes for tomorrow:

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Finally PRed!!!

Scott and Julia: Both of you are going to nail your race tomorrow, can't wait to read about it!!

Julia: Love your shoes!

Scott: Good luck with the last minute prep, and hope you can sleep!

jojo: Have a great birthday tomorrow! And don't worry, I am not a chatty racer or anything, ha. I just figured it would be fun to say hey and stuff before the race.

I will catch everyone else tomorrow, ended up having to run around and do a bunch of stuff, now I gotta do stuff around here

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20