Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 3/20/2013 (Read 12 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12.43 miles in so far today.  I'll do my 5 with the group later, hopefully not at too brisk a pace.

RVD...Wow, that's pretty hardcore to get back into workouts already.  I hope your body reacts well to the paces.

Jodi...I figured that was your plan with adding the 10k, and it seems really logical.  I wonder if there's something we're not thinking about that could cause it to have the opposite effect though...like maybe it would intimidate newer runners?

DR...Whip it, whip it good.

Julia...Hope the rest of the work day goes okay.  You look like you have the same build that I do.  I can't seem to add bulk regardless of what I try.

Scott...We're in the low 20s still, just with some light flurries and strong winds.  It's not as bad as some folks have had it, but enough to be annoying.  I'd imagine runners are the only ones actively rooting for global warming lol.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Jodi...I figured that was your plan with adding the 10k, and it seems really logical.  I wonder if there's something we're not thinking about that could cause it to have the opposite effect though...like maybe it would intimidate newer runners?

SIAR--  I think part of it's politics and planning.  Myself and three other people, who were on the 5K board last year, were supposed to get more say in where the money was going.  The board didn't really "ask" us how to spend the money, and we weren't really offered any say.  The biggest financial contributors to the race dropped out, and I think they are kind of "bad mouthing" the rest of the board, so I think we are getting bad press amongst the "autism community."  The other part of the problem is that the board hasn't really listened to me regarding the race directing.  I told the President that we needed to start planning the event earlier this year, instead we started it several weeks later.  I told them we needed to get on the calendar right away, so that there wouldn't be as many competing races-- we are now competing against 3 other races.  So I think that these politics are playing a part in the race.  Also because we aren't as doing as well as we did last year, the board is getting irritated with me, as I was the one who said that adding a 10K would increase participation.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.