Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 2/9/13 (Read 13 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! My 20+ run today (we took a wrong turn, which added a bit extra) is done, but was not pretty. Turned out my legs just did not have the stuff today for a faster LR (so I did not end up staying with the pacer), and they were barely moving by the 2nd half of the run. I'm actually okay with the overall pace of the run, just wish the 1st and 2nd halves were switched, pace-wise, so that I could have had a strong finish instead of barely making it in. The 2nd half had most of the hills, and they really did me in. I noticed the 7-day rolling total in the RA log shows me at around 68 miles for this current 7-day period, which I think is my highest ever (and something I didn't notice when planning my Mon-Sun weeks). I'll keep an eye on that the rest of the cycle, and try to start a little slower for the 22 in 2 weeks, so that I can finish strong. I usually have (at least) one crappy LR per marathon cycle, so I guess today was my day for it...Smile

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ended up running 8 miles on the trails, for 18 total today. I got there early and ran it to set up the course (4mi), then ran it myself. My prediction time was way off because I ran more slowly to run with one the girls I kinda like, ha.

Pressing...nah, haven't been swimming. I want to, but I'm so focused on the running I don't know what to do. The Montrail shoes were very comfortable, but not made for sloppy ice and mud we were on.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I got my double in.  Ran 6 on the treadmill this morning and just finished 4 outside.  Took a nap in between and didn't end up doing any of my errands.  Sad  Maybe tomorrow.

Edited to add: the townhouse next door sold.  I have a new neighbor.  I haven't seen him or her, but I heard them all day.  It sounds like they're already remodeling.

Swift, Sorry your run didn't go as well as hoped.  But, you have the right attitude about it - bad runs happen...  You're been cranking out the mileage, though.  Congrats on the PR.

Pressing, Yes, the list was fixed already.  Smile  Oh no, I hope you're not getting a cold.  Maybe it's just rainy weather related.

Marco, Glad you still have power.  Hope you can get out and about soon.

D_R, Tan?!  Wow.  Do you all even have anything like winter?  It was sunny today.  It was nice to at least feel the sun on my skin for a change.

SIAR, I think I was watching so much of the coverage because I have cable now and I can.  I didn't get CNN or the Weather Channel before.  The first time, they did "Weather on the 8s", I thought something like, "Ohhh yeeeeah.  They do that.  Cool".  LOL!  It's been that long since I've had real cable.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...sorry the run wasn't as strong as you would have liked. I had one of those this week too! That rolling total is an awesome tool to keep your eye on.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Ended up running 8 miles on the trails, for 18 total today. I got there early and ran it to set up the course (4mi), then ran it myself. My prediction time was way off because I ran more slowly to run with one the girls I kinda like, ha.

You tell her she has a month to get in sub-3:00 shape.  You have a goal dagnabbit!  Evil  (Just kidding - do not ever tell her that, LOL!)  Hope you had a great time out on the trails.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You tell her she has a month to get in sub-3:00 shape.  You have a goal dagnabbit!  Evil  (Just kidding - do not ever tell her that, LOL!)  Hope you had a great time out on the trails.

Haha, hilarious. I'm in big trouble if that's the rule though, because she's a pretty new running. This was a great event to actually slow down so I took advantage. Great work on your double, regardless of the errands. Hopefully the new neighbors don't stay too noisy. Good to see you're continuing to get acquainted with your cable.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi! Made it back for some personals...

Missed whatever SIAR did to the list earlier.

Scott: Hope you have a good time trial tomorrow, sounds like you'll be well rested.

B.S. , marco.: Stay safe! Hope power stays on!

RVD: Hope the hamstring does not give you any more problems.

Pressing: Hope you don't get a cold. Sounds like it was smart to rest

Docket: Great job getting the runs in, hope the breathing gets better.

Julia: Great job with your double. Glad you're enjoying the cable!

SIAR: Nice double for you too, sounds like you had a couple good runs today. That's cute that you ran slower because of a girl. love-crazy

I also have a bit of a tan, the lines on my upper back are in the shape of a running singlet. They never completely go away,  just fade some in the winter. I think it is more apparent since my lunchtime 10 on Wed when it was very sunny. And I have dorky looking shorts lines, too! I'm excited I can sleep in tomorrow. Not going to the Sunday run with the brunch group since I'm only planning a short recovery run.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

PressingOn

Pressing...nah, haven't been swimming. I want to, but I'm so focused on the running I don't know what to do. The Montrail shoes were very comfortable, but not made for sloppy ice and mud we were on.

Off for a dinner auction in a bit with hubby so this will be quick.  It's to raise money for a missions group a bunch of our friends are involved with.  Anyway, couldn't leave without asking SIAR a little more about this girl he likes.  So we know she's new to running.  Any other interesting tidbits you learned about her today?  Come on, spill it.  How'd you meet her?  On this run or have you had your eye on her for awhile now?  Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Off for a dinner auction in a bit with hubby so this will be quick.  It's to raise money for a missions group a bunch of our friends are involved with.  Anyway, couldn't leave without asking SIAR a little more about this girl he likes.  So we know she's new to running.  Any other interesting tidbits you learned about her today?  Come on, spill it.  How'd you meet her?  On this run or have you had your eye on her for awhile now?  Big grin

Oh geez, I shouldn't have spilled the beans! We've been talking at group runs for a while, but she doesn't run with the same folks as I do. Umm, let's see...she's a French teacher, taller, brunette, very cute and nice. I'm not sure that I'm really up for asking someone out at the moment though.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I'm not sure that I'm really up for asking someone out at the moment though.

That's right.  You have a sub-3 to run.  She'll still be cute 4 months from now.  Focus!

drifts are almost waist deep in parts of my driveway...they are estimating 22 inches of snow fall here.  No run today may try outside for a few tomorrow.

speaking of tans...I got burned on the arm pretty bad at Boston 2011.  I can still see the tan line!