Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/16/13 - Running with Boston in Our Hearts (Read 17 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone.

I will head out for a run a little later after it cools off a bit. Guess it will be a ROUD for me too (probably not very long since I'm still struggling with a cough that makes it difficult to run well). One of the running stores in town was having a "Mile of Silence" this morning and I wanted to go, but I woke up having a really bad coughing fit,  and it took me a while to get it under control, so I didn't make it. BoMF is having a candlelight vigil tomorrow morning at Centennial Olympic Park, so I will hopefully be able to get to that. Maybe I can leave cough medicine next to the bed and take it if I wake up during the night. I guess this morning it had worn off before I woke up.

Julia: I like your shirt. Hope the intervals went well.

Scott: Hope the presentation went well.

Docket: Hope you have a good 7.

jack: Great intervals. That's awesome about your form.

jodi: Glad you had a good run. That's a fast first mile. I don't think I could even do a mile that fast at this point.

hill: Nice 6+ with strides.

Pressing: Yes, the young age of the little boy is hard.

SIAR: Great job with the 11. Glad it seems your running is going well again and you feel good about going for the sub-3.

cc: Nice cycling, hope the speedwork goes well tomorrow.

marco: I'm sorry your race didn't go well. Glad the people at the hotel took care of you. It is terrible to hear the injuries described, so I can't imagine what it would have been like for people that saw it close-up.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

NTS--  My mile PR is a 5:40, but that was a LOOOOONNNNNGGG time ago.  I so happy I have sub-7:00 in me.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I had a good run.  It didn't end up being 9 miles, but it was what the plan called for.  I got at least one honk for the shirt and a couple head nods from walkers I passed.

There's been increased police presence here in D.C.  There have been police officers with what I'm guessing are bomb sniffing dogs and big, scary rifles in the Metro.  I work on the Hill and there were officers outside the buildings and even a block away, which is unusual.  And now it looks like someone tried to send ricin to a member's office.  For me, it's feeling a bit like 9-11 all over again.

JoJo, It sounds like your run was beautiful.  I hope you're feeling better.  I wore my Boston jacket yesterday but couldn't get myself to wear it today for some reason.

Scott, I hope the presentation went well.  They're always nerve racking...  I wore a similar shirt after NYCM got cancelled.  I hope I never have to make another one.

D_R, Good luck with the MP miles.

Jack, I'm pretty sure I told you how beautifully you run in my CB10M race report.  Smile  I'm surprised no one has ever told you that because you looked so comfortable out there.

SIAR, How are you feeling running-wise?

Hilltopper, I hope you had a good runs today.

Pressing, The pictures are just heartbreaking.  Hug your kids a little tighter tonight.

CC, I hate when I run out of time on my workouts.  Hope it was a good one nonetheless.

Marco, Glad you're being taken care of and will be able to get back home tomorrow.

Swift, It's great that you'll be able to attend a vigil.  I'm surprised that there hasn't been one planned here in D.C.  Sad that Boston has the join the list of cities touched by terrorism.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...our running group is planning something too, although I'm not really sure what we are doing. I hope you can shake the cough.

Julia...That must be a frustrating feeling, to have it be like it's all happening again. Hopefully it will calm down. I feel better - thanks for asking. I'm still not feeling as strong as I was, but I think I can get there. I really can't let doubt creep in on race day.

I'm meeting our running store owner to run at 5 am tomorrow. That's really early for me! It's supposed to be dark and rainy, boo. I feel like I should go to bed now ha.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Swift...our running group is planning something too, although I'm not really sure what we are doing. I hope you can shake the cough.

Julia...That must be a frustrating feeling, to have it be like it's all happening again. Hopefully it will calm down. I feel better - thanks for asking. I'm still not feeling as strong as I was, but I think I can get there. I really can't let doubt creep in on race day.

I'm meeting our running store owner to run at 5 am tomorrow. That's really early for me! It's supposed to be dark and rainy, boo. I feel like I should go to bed now ha.

Yeah, for 5am, you may want to hit the sack now.  I'm glad you're feeling better, too.  You really should feel confident going into the race.  You're doing the work, there's no reason why you shouldn't see a good result.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

CompetitiveChik

I feel so out of the loop and didn't realize we had some peeps from here running. I"m glad you guys are okay.

I really need to post more. its just been so busy with the ms150 comin up. its this weekend so hopefully it'll slow down. I do have 2 days off next week.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Bad Ass

I did 7 with 2 @ MP with the bib in honor of the Boston victims.  I was surprised my pace on the MP miles was fast and that they feel great especially considering I had my allergy shot today.

Happy to hear that you guys are OK and sad that the forumites' families experienced that.  Have a safe trip home.

Hi all,

Police were preventing people from leaving last night, but we were not going home until today.  Hotel restaurant had sent all the chefs home since everything had closed up.  However, the staff made us some stew and soup and the bar was open.  Everything was on the house including the 10 or so pizzas they somehow had delivered.  Awfully nice of them.  This morning we found that the street that we were on was the boundary line to the closed off area, so even though we didn't feel like it, we did a little sightseeing and shopping.  Now on the train headed north and will be home tomorrow.

Some forumites from RWOL had family in the stands and witnessed some terrible things. As far as I know, everyone was accounted for.  We spent a lot of money, I had a bad race, and only got to meet my forum friends just once.  But, I still want to go next year.  I was physically hurting immediately after the race, but feel pretty good today.  May hit the TM at the hotel later.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Now in Portland.  3 boring but surprisingly easy miles on the TM.

PressingOn

Did almost 6 miles with most of it at mp.  It felt okay but I still wonder if I'll be able to hold it for marathon day.  Taper magic had better work its  wonders.  If I can hold it I'll have a 20+ min PR so even if I can't hold it, I'll hopefully still PR.

Marco - That was very kind of the hotel staff to take care of you guys that way.  I've read a lot of stories about the kindness of strangers regarding the marathon runner's. Glad to hear you are back home.