Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 02/11/2013 (Read 11 times)

OK, Scott, at least I recognize almost half of those tunes.

Beth--Have you seen the Beat the Tide 5K site on the Run New Brunswick calendar?  It's in early July.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

OK, Scott, at least I recognize almost half of those tunes.

Beth--Have you seen the Beat the Tide 5K site on the Run New Brunswick calendar?  It's in early July.

Yes I have. It's part of the St. Andrews Triathlon weekend. A friend of ours is involved as race

organization as he used to be President of TriNB but stepped down to allow him to be more

involved as an RD.

It looks like it's going to be a great weekend. Haven't decided if we are doing it yet.  We want to

get in at least 3 tri's this summer which will complicate our "running only" normal schedule.

Marathons  run Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country - Austria Sept 2014 with hubby for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

PressingOn

Hi all!  I read but don't have time to post personals.  Dinner is ready and will burn if I don't make this quick.

Swimming today.  1750 yards.  The water was warm.  Too warm.  I felt like I was swimming in bath water.  Yuck.

SIAR - I have to ask, how was the taco soup?  Did it turn out okay?  My directions are kind of a free for all so hoping it turned out to your liking.

Okay, off to feed the family.  Maybe I'll be back.  Wow, for taper, I'm not posting nearly as much as I thought I would.  Been busy and not at home much.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

marco: Great job in that cold.

RVD: Nice job with your MP run. I'm pretty okay with not having seen any snow this winter.

B.S.: Great job with the running and swimming!

SIAR: Nice job with the miles! That's pretty windy.

Docket: Hope you feel better.

Scott: Nice recovery 8. I know I couldn't hold the same HMP in a time trial I could in a race--race-day atmosphere, crowds and other runners make a big difference.

Julia: Nice recovery run, bummer about the Garmin.

I slogged 6+ miles in the rain during evening rush hour, got a little hairy a few times with the erratic drivers here, who tend to ignore little details like stop signs, crosswalks, etc. The middle 2 miles at least were in the park and pretty pleasant. Legs were slow to get moving at first, but got better as I ran.

Probably most of you would find my running playlist pretty boring. I listen to the soundtrack of "Run Lola Run" on repeat all. Never get tired of running to that music. I don't listen to music during races, prefer to soak up the race atmosphere, but I do try to listen to at least part of it during warm-up, etc. Only other specific music I sometimes get the urge to run to is "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder, which we used to listen to on the bus to X-C meets in high school.

Have a great evening, all!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20