Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/26/13 (Read 16 times)

jojo61397

NTS-- I'm a crowd runner too.  I did Buffalo too, it sucked crowd support wise.  I'm a good hill runner, but those look crazy.  I'm in PR shape.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

NTS-- I'm a crowd runner too.  I did Buffalo too, it sucked crowd support wise.  I'm a good hill runner, but those look crazy.  I'm in PR shape.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia - I'm sure it was more than just fine or OK.  Either way, it is always a relief to get those things behind you and I'm sure that feels great.

I am so relieved that it's over. The woman who said it was fine said so enthusiastically. And I think her quote was, "No one wants to listen to a long, emotional retirement speech at work". LOL! So, I'm guessing it might have come off a little cold to some, though. I'll do better next time.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 4.4 more miles on the TM tonight.  It wasn't a very good day for me really.  I think I was just exhausted from all the extra activities I did yesterday.  It was also one of those days where I was questioning if I'm giving up too much to get my miles in though.  I like playing basketball, but I know that to run the time I want to run I really can't take that kind of risk anymore.  I'll do better tomorrow and just put my big boy pants on, but for tonight I'm grumpy.

Julia...So you weren't a speech and debate gal in high school huh?  You seem both nice and genuine on here, so I can't imagine that your speech was anything but those things.  Hopefully you won't be giving too many more retirement speeches or you'll have to be doing some serious interviewing.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

SIAR: Geez, I have eaten there only once, decades ago, just to say I did. Hope you feel better tomorrow. You have been getting a ton of miles in, guess it is normal to have days like that and i think most of of feel that way sometimes.

Scott: You're welcome--I think shooting for 3:55 and picking it up later if you feel great is a good plan, anyway.

Julia: Sounds like the speech was good.

jojo: I feel like I'm close to my PR shape, but not going to try for a PR on that course. Haven't decided exactly what pace i will try for--it is tricky--and I guess I won't make the final call until I know the weather forecast.

Picked up my bib today for the 10K on Sunday. Will use that to help decide final pace goal, but we have a 13.1 mile run on Saturday with the pacers, which also seems worth doing, so I won't be fully rested for Sunday.

I think tomorrow I'll run a good section of the course, going to try to run most of  miles 7-21, which are some of the miles that are not also part of the half course. So most of the parts I don't run tomorrow, I will run Saturday.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Again, I was on the go from 5AM to 7PM.  No time to even look at the site at work.  12 degrees this morning and I am really tired of that.  A little over 8 done with no issues from the foot.

Hope you all are doing well

PressingOn

Another quick post.  5 miles with the group.  Coach took us on a trail none of us knew about.  It was dirt and gravel and a nice change of pace. After the four of us had lunch at the bakery.  Tri fitting went fine.  SIAR, I got a medium.  I'm usually between a small and medium so hmm, should I have gone with the large?  Nah, more motivation to drop these stubborn 10lbs!

Julia - I am sure you did great!  You're the opposite of me.  I love talking in front of groups.  I was a Communication major in college because I liked the public speaking so much.  I'm weird.

Marco - Hurray for no foot pain!

And my mom is calling about my brother and his wife having their baby.  Gotta answer it!

jackdyl11

I feel like Marco right about now.  That was a hell of a day.  Luckily I got my workout in this morning because I am exhausted!  I had a good workout: 3x(1200, 800, 400).  A guy who is just a little slower than me was only doing 2x, so he sped up and we ran together for his second set.  I pushed too hard because I'm not used to having someone on my shoulder.  The third set was brutal, I had to slow down a bit.

The only interesting thing this morning happened starting at about 200 into the second 800 interval.  A sub-30 10k guy, maybe sub-29, was working out at the same time as we were.  He jogs up to us (we were working pretty hard already) and told us we had a nice pace going, then asked if he could slip in with us.  We managed to waive him in and he stuck behind be for the next 200.  I went through the 400 4 seconds too fast, mostly because of him, and I panted as much as he jogged around me.  He smiled, said "nice running with ya", and sped up to about 4:40 pace (based on other splits I heard).  I don't know if I've ever had someone destroy me that easily in a workout!

Anyway, I'm following what's going on here (I promise!), but now it is time for some wine, Raising Hope, and 7 hours of delicious sleep before I start running again.