Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/17/13 (Read 152 times)

CompetitiveChik

CC A coach-  cool!  How much contact/feedback/structure do you get?

I have unlimited access to her. She's gonna put together a plan for me where I run my speed workouts with them and the rest of my runs alone. Which works for me cause I really don't want to run in groups. We would also meet on mondays to evaluate the previous week and to go over the next week. She also has a program on line that I would have unlimited access too.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

jackdyl11

So I had a few drinks, but bear with me.  My run was not what I wanted, but I think I can live with that.  I wanted to do the 4.3 mile tempo around my neighborhood I've done a few times recently, but my left foot was hurting so I gave up after a third of a mile.  Oh well, I'll make up the miles tomorrow if the drinks allow.

CC - Make sure you trust your coach.  There are a lot of different ways to train, and if you're second guessing your coach you won't get the most out of it.  Very good decision though! As smart as we all are, we're all idiots when it comes to writing training plans (I have a coach(ish, its complicated) and ignore him most of the time, so I'm the worst offender).

SIAR - I have a hell of a time getting down to HMP pace during progression runs.  Some people don't, but I can never seem to do it.  I'm ok at changing pace during runs and races, too, so not sure what's up.

Just BS - I'm also exhausted.  I'm skimming, but saw 'Bermuda Challenge' and now I'm jealous. Should I be? No idea what that meant.

Julia - My coworker just said she was trapped for 7 hours during carmaggedon. I remember during some rain storm last year a stream near me flooded.  I couldn't get back to my house, and to make matters worse my parents were in town and I had to go to dinner with them.  I very nearly ran out of gas.  I volunteered to leave my car by the side of the road and run home, but more intelligent people suggested that would be a bad idea.  I needed more miles that day, I'm sure, so maybe I should have done it.

Pressing - good job on the 20! I wish that was my Thursday.  Although I wouldn't give up that easy Saturday run for anything.

Everyone else, you're great too, hope you had a good run.