SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

jackdyl11

All the cool kids finish their 13 mile runs at 11:30 on a Friday night!

Just Keep "Tri" ing

All the cool kids finish their 13 mile runs at 11:30 on a Friday night!

All the really cool kids get up and go to the pool at 6:30 am..........pool rhymes with fool, right?

Jack I posted yesterday about Boston 2010. Hubby and I were there, photos included.

Good job on the late night 1/2 marathon!

Have a great Saturday everyone! ANd best of luck to our racers this weekend!

Marco, you might see us go by later this morning if you are working!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Finally PRed!!!

Good luck to the racers!!!

jack: nice 13 last night.

B.S.: enjoy the pool.

I have my 14 with the training group this morning, think I'll do a couple extra on the way there.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Has Broken Parts

Good luck racers!

16 for me on the trail. Brunswick to Harpers Ferry (and back I hope).  Have a good one!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The really cool kids actually go run to get miles in, then go race, then run again! Hoping for 15 today, including my 5 mile race. Enjoy your runs everyone! Good luck with leg 1 of Goofy Docket and Jodi.

ETA...some may call my workout a warmup and cool down, so perhaps not so cool after all.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Jack, Hahaha.  Wow, that was late.  But, good job getting it done.  And, thanks for getting us started this morning.

Just B.S., I hear about how early pool hours are from friends and co-workers.  That, and ice time seems hard to come by.

Swift, You are logging a good amount of miles.  Enjoy!

Scott, That sounds like it'll be a pretty run.  I thought it was supposed to be warm today.  T.V. is saying it's 44 right now.  I feel duped.

SIAR, The cool kids wear shoe bling.

Good luck everyone racing today!  I'm doing my first 20 of the training cycle.  (I'm going to try to do a quick search about NOT fueling with carbs during long runs to see if I want to experiment with that today).  My other running related goal is to get fitted for a new running shoe.  I'm be curious to see what they'll put me in.  Then, it's football and a cocktail party if I have the energy.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

CompetitiveChik

Hey All,

I got a little more time today so I get to do shout-outs. Yay!

jack and justbs - I don't know any cool kids. Black eye

nts - have fun with the group.

ins - why wouldn't you go back? would you be riding the ferry back?

siar - beast. you got some runnin planned today. enjoy

julia - good luck with your experiment.

I have another RD here. one of my friends is comin in and will be spending the night with me. we're both runnin tomorrow. she lives about 1 1/2hr out so I told her she could spend the night here instead of takin that long drive. we'll hang out today and go to get our packets have dinner and then come back to the house to relax

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

fake it till you make it

Jack & BS-  I remember when I was a cool kid and that meant going out at 1130 at night and not getting home until 630 in the morning.  Not that I want- or could!- go back to that lifestyle!

NTS- hope your group run was good!

INS- hope your 16 was all good.

SIAR- throwing a race in the middle of a long run, nice!

Julia- I never fuel during long runs anymore.  I eat something in the morning (usually an Eggo waffle and part of a banana) before a long run but stick to just water during the run.  I will occasionally drink g'ade on long runs when our group has it at water stops, but usually only a little dixie cup or two for the whole run.

CC- enjoy your pre-race chillaxin' today!

Good luck to all you racers today- looking forward to reading some race reports!

I ran 15+ this morning. Nothing like waking up at 5 am to 30mph wind that sounds like its going to blow your house over.  Thankfully my running partner is as crazy as I am so we headed out despite the weather and then joined up with our running group to round out the miles.

Happy Saturday everyone!

jackdyl11

Just BS - Yes, I saw your post, very cool stuff.  I hope Spiderman didn't beat me!  I can only imagine what that sounded like when the leaders came onto to Boylston.  I bet it got loud.  I've never been to the end of a race like that, since I'm usually running a few miles behind.

Pressing - Hope you feel better!  Theres lots of flu this year -- hopefully you don't get that.

Scott - Have fun on your trails.

NTS - 14 isn't long enough for you? Have fun with your group.

SIAR - Howd the race go?

Julia - Good luck on the 20.  My first 20 is tomorrow morning and I'm nervous.  I haven't run that far in more than three years.  I'm going to rely on my running group to pull me through.

CC - Have fun on your rest day, and on the race tomorrow.

I have 8 later today.  Until then it looks like I'll be watching Little Einsteins, my <sarcasm> FAVORITE </sarcasm> show on TV (bashes skull in with nearest hammer).  If you don't know what that show is, I'm jealous of you.  Ahh the joys of parenting.

fake it till you make it

I have 8 later today.  Until then it looks like I'll be watching Little Einsteins, my <sarcasm> FAVORITE </sarcasm> show on TV (bashes skull in with nearest hammer).  If you don't know what that show is, I'm jealous of you.  Ahh the joys of parenting.

Oooh, tough call.  That show might be in a three-way-tie with Backyardigans (constant noise/music) and that whiney-assed little Caillou. Have fun with that.

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks. No time for personals but just wanted to say that I got my 16 done with the last 12 at MP.  It took a couple miles to get my pacing right, but I got in 10 solid miles at, or just below my target MP.  Pacing is something I struggle with so I'm very pleased with this run.  Check in later if time allows!

Have a GREAT Saturday all!

PS - I don't spend nearly enough time boasting about my awesome wife.  She made me waffles this morning when I got back from my run. Is that cool or what?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi everybody.  Back in from my run and race.  It was very low key, not even closed roads or any timing.  They just did it cross country style, handing you a tag with your finish number when you crossed the line.  Then all the running clubs had their points added up, and the lowest points won.  Our club ended up 3rd, by just a couple points (our store owner didn't run with us since he was organizing it, so we missed out on his speed).

As for the race, I came in 10th overall with a 31:03.  The course was quite tough, having 335 feet of elevation gain that came mostly between miles 1-2.5.  My splits looked like this:

6:19

6:44

6:19

6:18

5:59

I tried to stay pretty conservative early knowing that it'd be tough, then just gave it what I had after the most brutal hills were done.  I really didn't race anybody the whole race...I think I passed all of 3 people all race, and was passed by only one person who just happened to be the first woman.

Other than that, I ran 5 miles before the race at about 8:30 pace, and then 5 after closer to 9:00 pace.  Fun morning!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...Nice job running with the night owls.  I don't know too much about your little tv characters, so I guess I am fortunate in that regard!  Maybe you can sing the songs from the show while you run your 8.

Beth...Not having any trouble getting back to the swimming groove huh?  Hope you have a good run by Marco later.

NotSwift...Sounds like a good long run for you with the group and then some on your own.  Hope they went well.

Scott...Great job on your run!  12 miles at MP is no joke.  You'll get your pacing down the more you practice it.  And you're right, your wife sounds awesome.  Too bad she's taken ha.

Julia...I can see that the intended audience for the shoe charms is clearly 30 yr old men!  I hope the fueling experiment went well for you and didn't result in any bonking.  You'll have to let us know what you found for shoes.  I'm mad I'm going to miss some of the football tonight because I'm reading at church.  Maybe I'll record it and then watch without commercials.  Have fun at the partay!

CC...Sounds like a really nice day with your friend.  Enjoy the expo, and have a great race tomorrow!

Jen...I've never been much of a fueler during long runs either.  I'm actually trying to do more this cycle to see if it impacts my recovery any.  Great job with the windy 15.  It's nice to have others to be crazy with.

Hope I didn't miss anyone!  Catch you all later.

Just a slow easy 10 miles this morning in great spring weather.  Scheduled for 16 tomorrow.

Lots of fast people in this group.  I'm back with the snails.