Marathoner Dailies

12/15 (Read 159 times)

CompetitiveChik

Its saturday, you lazies. Get Up! Wow, I can't believe I'm the one actually starting this. RD for me. I'm goin out to be a water stop for a local training group that has there last long run today for the Houston Marathon. I may, however, get some bike time in.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5am? You're nuts! The water stop sounds like a nice thing to do. I'm joining the running store group for some miles, then a few more on my own to get 12 miles with the last mile hard and uphill.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Morning!  I am awake too early and I woke up at 7am!  Doubles day with my first run coming up now.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, everyone.  Eating breakfast and preparing for a 17-18 mile run with 10 miles at GMP.  I'll report back on how that goes.

Had a nice conversation this morning with my younger brother.  My 6-year old niece was scheduled for heart surgery today but it was postponed until January because she had a fever.  He didn't seem concerned so I'm allowing myself to be happy knowing she won't be in the hospital for Christmas and I'll get to see her when I visit.  We also talked about the business he's starting and some of the problems he's anticipating.  And, then I realized - I'm proud of him.  I really admire people who have the courage to do that.  There are so many things about it that scare me.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Good morning all,

No shorts today....well, under the tights,  as wind chill is around zero.  Will go out later and do 7 or 8.  Have more gifts to wrap and chores around the house before going out to friends' house this evening.

Has Broken Parts

Posting with my phone real quick before I head home for a busy day of cookie baking. 12 went fine but I'm glad I didn't do 16 instead. See ya Monday!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Back from my run.  I did 12.36 miles total.  The run was a little odd though.  Only two guys showed up at the running store, and they were both just running 2 miles (it was one guy's first time running outside).  So I ran the first two miles with them, at 12:00 pace.  After that I swung out on my own at my easy pace, and then did the last mile uphill at 6:30.  I guess it was a decent run overall.

CC...Are you riding a road bike, or hybrid?

D...Is it just me, or have you been doubling up for frequently here lately?  Sorry about that crap on the other forum.

Julia...Wow, heart surgery for a 6 year old?  Poor thing.  I hope you told your brother how you were feeling - I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  Looking forward to hearing how the long run went for you.

Marco...Not sure if you've tried these or not, but they're my go to for temps that are in the teens and below:  http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRM1085/  Good luck getting everything done today, and have fun with your friend later.

NotScott...Bake up some good stuff!  I don't do any baking, but will be making some fudge next weekend.  Nice job getting through the 12.  It sounds like it must have been pain free.  Enjoy your weekend.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

SIAR, thanks.  That guy has always been jealous of me and he has always been like that.  I no longer pay attention to his comments.  One thing I know from court is making an ass of themselves, let them.

I've been doubling mainly because of the 2012 in 2012 finals.  That's the only way I can put more miles without hurting myself so quickly after my last marathon.

Blog

Bad Ass

Good morning, everyone.  Eating breakfast and preparing for a 17-18 mile run with 10 miles at GMP.  I'll report back on how that goes.

Had a nice conversation this morning with my younger brother.  My 6-year old niece was scheduled for heart surgery today but it was postponed until January because she had a fever.  He didn't seem concerned so I'm allowing myself to be happy knowing she won't be in the hospital for Christmas and I'll get to see her when I visit.  We also talked about the business he's starting and some of the problems he's anticipating.  And, then I realized - I'm proud of him.  I really admire people who have the courage to do that.  There are so many things about it that scare me.

Awwww.  Hopefully they will be able to do the surgery soon so she can go forward with the rest of her life.

Blog

DW was in bed working on the laptop so I went out this morning and did 8.7.  19 degrees and the hood part of my sweatshirt partially froze around my face, but I stayed warm.  At least it allows me to back off a little tomorrow morning as it is supposed to be in single digits.

SIAR--I don't have anything like that and I may put them on my Christmas wish list.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning you running freaks. I have an easy recovery today that I'll do very soon now... I slept in and it felt great.

Last night I had a great 10 miler, extreme progressive (for me). Started out (after warm-up) at about an 8:30 GA pace, and the last two miles (before warm-down) were at around 6:55 pace. Felt fantastic and made up for my missed MP earlier in the week. Today I just recovery in beautiful weather.

CompetitiveChick - Good job getting up early yet this time I'm glad I slept in.

Docket - Are you on a plan? Which one? The doubles piqued my interest... I've only had those on my schedule on the Pfitz' 70 and 85 mile plans. 

Julia - I'm sorry she needs that, and sure hope all goes well in January.

SIAR - Now that's some slow warm-up running for those first 2.  Then a cookin' uphill mile!

Marco - Ouch... that's too cold, but I'd get out there too.

Scott - Good job keeping it easier. Enjoy the cookies.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Phew!  That was tough.  Did 17 miles w/10 at mystery "marathon pace".  It turned out to be 7:38 pace, which would be sub-3:20.  I'm not going to lock in on a goal time, yet - I still have 3 months of training ahead of me - but I'm pretty sure it won't be 3:13.  Smile  The pace felt hard.  Unfortunately, I only have one good reference point - the 2011 National Marathon.  I seem to recall those marathon pace runs also felt pretty miserable but I was able to hit that pace on race day, so...  Going to jot down some notes from the run in my log and then find some food!

On my way out for my run, I ran into some people looking at the townhouse next door - I guess the owner has decided to put it on the market.  I warned the guy that I get up at 5am to head out for my runs.  Smile  It didn't seem to scare him off.

Markrice and Docket_Rocket, this should be the last in a string of heart surgeries for her so we're all anxious to have it done.  She'll be much better in January.

SIAR, I forgot to tell him how proud I am of him this time.  I try not to do it too often less it upset the delicate bigger sister/little brother balance of power.

Marco, Zero?  Really?  I can't imagine.  You're a champ for running in that.

CC, thanks for volunteering.  Hope you didn't get too wet at the water stop.

Scott, glad to hear the run went well.  Happy cookie baking!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Joe1775

CC- I’ve promised myself that I would volunteer at some local 5K’s this next year.  Good on you for getting out and handing out some water.  Much appreciated I’m sure.

SiaR – Sounds like you are the champ of your local running store/club.  J

DR – running doubles can really up the addiction.  Love your profile pic!

Julia – It’s good to have close ties with family.  Especially with a young one facing such circumstances.   Hoping the surgery doesn’t get postponed further, although it’s good to be home for Christmas. 

Marco – Cold weather running, oh Yeah!  I never realize I’m that cold until I try to untie my shoes at the end.   

I've got 1.5 hours left at work.   My running clothes are laid out, and hydration pack is ready.  17.5 miles point to point run coming up.  It's up a trail to the next town.  DW is meeting me with a towel, dry shirt, and jogging suit and we are eating at our favorite Mexican place.  Bring on the Enchilada Surprise!  Ha!!

PressingOn

Hey all!  I'm finally up and posting after sleeping in.  Okay, I've been up a little while but I got sucked into FB before heading this way.  I have a short and easy 3 mile run today followed by some Christmas shopping with the kids.  Finally, I plan on making some homemade hot coco gifts for teacher's next week.  

Julia, Well, considering I live in the other Washington I doubt I'll ever make DC as an event race. It's a little far for a 10 mile run.  Smile  Wow, so scary to think of a 6 year old having heart surgery. I'm glad she's doing okay and can be home for Christmas. Sounds like you are a great sister.  I hear you on the big sis/little brother balance of power though.  I have two younger brother's.  

CC - Hope you enjoyed your time at the water stop. I was still in bed. Heck, it was only 3:00 a.m. my time when you were up!

SIAR - I guess we all start somewhere. You were able to show them what can happen if they keep it up. Well, I think you had a little genetic help too but I'm sure you were inspiring.  Kind of you to stick with them for those first two miles.

Damaris - Enjoy the double.

Marco - Brrr...

Scott - Glad you were happy with the 12.

Markrice - I slept in too. I also thought it felt great.  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

DOCKET...is your log here not up to date? If it is, those are going tone serious doubles to get to 2012! I'm praying next year will be the one where I can be healthy enough to run 2000+. MARCO...frozen sweatshirt sounds serious. I always laugh when I have ice on my eyelashes. You'll have that weather before me. Those underwear really would be a great Santa gift. There's a compression short version too - both are awesome. MARK...nice run last night. It's fun to cycle the gears like that. I hope the sunny recovery went well. JULIA...Glad the run gave you a starting point for your paces. Anything that long at mp this early in training is bound to feel hard, but I wouldn't rule the pace out entirely. Way to try to scare the new neighbors ha. I wouldn't know about sibling balance as I'm an only child. Can you out run him? JOE...looks like an awesome day! I hope your track suit is really a velvet leisure suit you'll be wearing. The running group seems to have lots more beginners or people without the training experience I have. The owner is a 2:50s marathoner though, and as long as I'm not running a pace type run, it's good variety. PRESSING...are teachers permitted to take Christmas gifts out there? Here, they're forbidden entirely, which I find ridiculous. Back when my mom taught, she did very well at christmas ha. Any run for you today?