Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/6/13 (Read 16 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

That's a nice jacket.  Hmmm.  Let me see what I'm doing in May...

So, it looks like I managed to run during the worst part of the storm.  LOL!

Did you get an email about runner tracking?  The link isn't working for me, but...  I'm shocked!  Runner tracking has never been an option for National/RnR.  I'm so excited.  Although, most of my friends are running the half so I can't track them live.  Still, it'll be cool to see their times when I'm reunited with my phone.

The race organizer,  Corrigan Sports always has good stuff.  This is the jacket that I got from the Frederick Half Marathon last May.

Well this isn't the one that I got. I either lost mine or someone lost it for me. Cry

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! I did a ladder interval workout at lunchtime today in fairly windy conditions, got about 7.5 mi total with warmup and cooldown. Going to the group run at the store across town this evening, but only planning to do the 4 mile run instead of usual 6. I'll stop back later for personal!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jackdyl11

Dammit - I stepped outside for my run and ran into a puddle 150 feet later.  I didn't want to run the rest of the way with frozen feet so I guess I'll dry off and hit the tradmill later.  Oh well.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Swift, I hope you had a good group run.

Jack, Bad luck with the puddle.  Hope the 'mill isn't too boring.

Pressing and SIAR, I watched the latest TAR episode.  That was surprising.  But, the episode is To Be Continued and I do not trust the editing monkeys, so they might just win this thing...  I think there are one or two teams that didn't annoy me, so I think that's a good sign that I'll watch the whole season.

PressingOn

USRD.  Got a stupid migraine.  I did manage to clean some around my house before it hit.  Housework qualifies for xtraining, right?

Scott - That's a nice jacket for a 10 miler. I'd be tempted. Lol about the t-shirt quote.

Damaris - Yes, I have. I'm #6750. I already requested addition to, and was accepted into, the FB group but haven't posted to say hi yet. I saw the group today and figured why not ask?  I never thought about having you add me so I wouldn't have to be all goober'sh asking for myself.  Big grin

Swift - Have fun with the group!

Julia - I had the same thought on TAR. Editing monkey's is right! You can never, ever, ever trust them.  Either way, I was sorry to see the injury happen because I had high hopes for their team and liked them. As for irritating teams, no Twinnies this season! They bugged the heck out of me last show.  Now if they were your favorite team, simply forget I confessed that tidbit.  

10 done about 14 hours ago.  All day in Bangor for medical appointment and having a trailer hitch put on the new FJ Cruiser.  Tomorrow should be interesting as we start handing out furlough letters.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia - I had the same thought on TAR. Editing monkey's is right! You can never, ever, ever trust them.  Either way, I was sorry to see the injury happen because I had high hopes for their team and liked them. As for irritating teams, no Twinnies this season! They bugged the heck out of me last show.  Now if they were your favorite team, simply forget I confessed that tidbit.  

LOL!  I did like the Twinnies.  They were so loud and obnoxious that they actually grew on me.  I like the bickering couples.  Nothing makes me happier than to see "Dating" or "Engaged" as the couple descriptor.  I know.  I'm so wrong.  Disapprove

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Nice 6 today. That's cool you have runner tracking.

Scott: Glad the Achilles feels better. Nice to have new shoes on the way. I need to have at least a couple pairs in rotation, prefer at least 3 with different amounts of miles. Those are some nice jackets.

RVD: Nice 4, rest up for the 10K.

jojo: Hope you had a nice run and enjoyed the crossfit.

SIAR: Hopefully you had a nice easy 5 with the group.

Docket: Hope you had a nice 5.

Pressing: Hope the recovery spin was good.

jack: what a bummer about the puddle. I hate stepping in one right at the beginning, especially when it's cold.

marco: Nice 10 earlier.

Group run tonight was fun, I started out a little slower than MP (first mile is also uphill), did the middle 2 miles right around MP, then faster for the last downhill mile. Was still a little bit windy, but not as bad as earlier.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

My 5 turned into 6 and they were so bad I'm not sure why I added one mile.  I guess for being stubborn?  Asthma was bad.

PO, welcome!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."