Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/25/13 Spring Winter Wonderland (Read 13 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...I havent caught it yet but will probably watch TAR tonight. Thanks for the congrats. I'm definitely still tired from it. I'd love one last 100 mile week this week, but I'll play it safe based on how I feel. Is MCM music city? I finally registered for Toledo yesterday. The half was closed already! I'd have pitched a fit if I missed it lol.

Docket...more good news!

Jodi...I really need to give the newtons a try some time. Good luckneasing them in.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia...I havent caught it yet but will probably watch TAR tonight. Thanks for the congrats. I'm definitely still tired from it. I'd love one last 100 mile week this week, but I'll play it safe based on how I feel. Is MCM music city? I finally registered for Toledo yesterday. The half was closed already! I'd have pitched a fit if I missed it lol.

MCM=Marine Corps Marathon.  Registration opens on Wednesday.  It closed in something like 4 hours last year.  And, there was a race this weekend where finishers got automatic entry.  I'm guessing it closes in an hour...  I usually wait until the last minute to register for races, too.  I pretty much wait to race day unless I'm forced to.  I don't think the incentives for early registration are greater than the risk of paying all that money and having to cancel and lose the whole amount.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Scott, I feel like I'm more or less recovered.  How are you feeling?  Only a couple more days before MCM registration opens up.  I'm wondering how quickly MCM will sell out this year.  A co-worker was encouraging me to stay home to ensure I could be at my computer at noon.

Julia - I'm glad to hear you are feeling recovered.  My body feels 100% with the exception of my Achilles. Neither one of them bothered me at all during the race or even the day after but two or three days out they both started acting up.  I would say they are at about 90% right now.  I need to get back into the habit of doing eccentric heel drops twice a day.

Regarding MCM, I have that time blocked off on my calendar at work.  My big fear is that for some reason the Big Brother government firewall will decide the marathon registration site is off limits and block me.  Otherwise, I like my odds with the higher speed connection at work.  I think you're right about it selling out quicker this year.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

I thought it was Friday.  Thanks for the reminder.  I loved this race last year and want to do it again.  Last year it closed in 2.5 hours.

MCM=Marine Corps Marathon.  Registration opens on Wednesday.  It closed in something like 4 hours last year.  And, there was a race this weekend where finishers got automatic entry.  I'm guessing it closes in an hour...  I usually wait until the last minute to register for races, too.  I pretty much wait to race day unless I'm forced to.  I don't think the incentives for early registration are greater than the risk of paying all that money and having to cancel and lose the whole amount.

Trixie looked so sad at the hospital!  They might release her tomorrow but I wonder when she will recover her personality.

5 miles done.  They sucked.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

I registered in my government computer.  This year I might be home taking care of Trixie.

Julia - I'm glad to hear you are feeling recovered.  My body feels 100% with the exception of my Achilles. Neither one of them bothered me at all during the race or even the day after but two or three days out they both started acting up.  I would say they are at about 90% right now.  I need to get back into the habit of doing eccentric heel drops twice a day.

Regarding MCM, I have that time blocked off on my calendar at work.  My big fear is that for some reason the Big Brother government firewall will decide the marathon registration site is off limits and block me.  Otherwise, I like my odds with the higher speed connection at work.  I think you're right about it selling out quicker this year.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."