Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/10/2013 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia--no pizza, but steak, mashed potatoes, and asparagus!  I recognize about 5% of your playlistSmile

That's not bad.  I'm guessing only a fellow 40 year-old female would do better than 50%.  Smile

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia--no pizza, but steak, mashed potatoes, and asparagus!  I recognize about 5% of your playlistSmile

SIAR--it was good to be outside.  It will be cold tomorrow morning, but I have already decided it will be an outside run instead of the TM tomorrow morning.

Yep, I think I'd be doing the same! So hard to go back in after being out in the fesh air. I saw a guy walking barefoot on the snow and ice...made me think of you even though I know you're not that crazy.

Julia...it seems like a real crap shoot with sub3 guys. I know some that will go out and be totally happy running 8s or slower, and others that won't do anything but run hard. I'm really going to have to think about my taper if I keep this mileage up. Right now I'm not planning much, but I may need it. That stinks about the forecast..at least weather folks are mostly wrong. As for your music, I recognized most of it. Next time I have iTunes up I'll share a few of mine.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia...it seems like a real crap shoot with sub3 guys. I know some that will go out and be totally happy running 8s or slower, and others that won't do anything but run hard. I'm really going to have to think about my taper if I keep this mileage up. Right now I'm not planning much, but I may need it. That stinks about the forecast..at least weather folks are mostly wrong. As for your music, I recognized most of it. Next time I have iTunes up I'll share a few of mine.

I found out a local/national elite showed up for today's club run so I imagine the sub-3 guys were probably trying to impress him and I would have been left in the dust.  Cry  (Trying out new emoticons).  I'm kinda mad at myself for not going because it would have been cool to meet him but I couldn't have known.  And besides - I'll have my chance in 33 days since I'm guessing we'll be in the same corral.  Cool

It might be early for you to start thinking about it, but taper magic is real.  It's as real as my ability to will Super Bowl Championships.  Smile

Yes!  Feed us some tunes!  Even if I don't add them to my playlist, I like listening to new music.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks. Just popping in to say hello.  Busy day here with lots of STUFF to keep me busy. The time trial this morning was a bit of a bust. I think I went out a little too fast and ended up cutting it short at 12 miles. I just wasn't feeling it pretty much the entire way. My ITB started acting up around mile 8 and I tried to run through it but by mile 10 I wanted to stop. I pushed through to mile 12 and then I shut it down and walk/jogged the last mile back to the car.

I'll be back for personals tomorrow.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp