Marathoner Dailies

RR - Rock n Roll, USA Marathon. 3.16.2013 - Pictures Added (Read 17 times)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Thanks Beth!  I hope you and the family are doing well!

Thanks Scott. Hanging in there. It's not like she is independent and  just living here until finding

somewhere else to stay.

Hard to go from living your own life to taking care of someone who can't or won't do much for

themselves at all. I have pretty much taken over everything from making all her meals, laundry,

banking, phone calls,bathing, driving,  you name it.

Could take several more months to get her into a seniors facility. 

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Has Broken Parts

I've been there.  My Mom lived with me and my family for the last 10 months of her life. She had a brain tumor and (after the surgery) couldn't do much for herself so my wife and I did it all. I wouldn't have had it any other way, but it was still very difficult not to mention heart breaking. She would have been 80 in a couple weeks. I miss her very much.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just Keep "Tri" ing

I've been there.  My Mom lived with me and my family for the last 10 months of her life. She had a brain tumor and (after the surgery) couldn't do much for herself so my wife and I did it all. I wouldn't have had it any other way, but it was still very difficult not to mention heart breaking. She would have been 80 in a couple weeks. I miss her very much.

Sorry about your Mom Scott. It's been 20 years for my Dad and I still miss him.

A little offer of help would be nice. I just spent 5 more hours cleaning out my craft room of 10 years worth

of supplies. We are cleaning out her apartment tomorrow and moving everything here.

There are 9 other nieces and nephews living within a 45 minute drive and suddenly everyone is very

very busy with others things and no time.Wink

I really do love my Aunt but she always said she never wanted kids, too much trouble. mmmmm

I sure wish she has some now.Smile

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27