March:

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

TGIF!  I am so tired today.  It was a very stressful week.  I'm looking forward to catching up on sleep this weekend.  And, playing with my new phone.  I hope I don't get any important calls because it might take me a couple tries to figure out how to answer a call.

8 miles on the schedule for me today.  I never got around to figuring out what I'm doing for weight training so I may do that tomorrow.  Hudson has off days in the schedule and I can't let that happen.  Smile

JenRosie, I couldn't find the thread I was thinking of but here's another where BHearn talks about his pacing strategy for Boston to take account of the down- and uphills.

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks. It will probably be a lot of reading and not posting much for the next few days.  Between work and family stuff I'm swamped!

I managed to get in 6 easy yesterday after work and finished that with 2 hill climbs.  I'm going to run today but I'm not sure when or how far.  Have a good one!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 2 miles and weights tonight.

Julia, sorry for the stressful well.  Enjoy the 8.

Scott, enjoy your run today.  Keep coming back whenever you can.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Morning everyone!

Julia: Hope you have a nice 8. Enjoy catching up on sleep this weekend. I plan to do that too. Good luck figuring out your new phone.

Scott: Nice job with the 6 yesterday. Have a good run today.

I got in about 5 this morning at a very easy pace. I'll be glad next week to get a somewhat more normal amount of miles in.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Docket: Enjoy the 2 and weights tonight!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Just did my easy 6 after work yesterday.  Lucky that it wasn't cold because that wind was kicking butt.  I have my evil 2wu+3(2m@HMPw1mr)+2cd = 13 miles today after work.  Luckily school is out today so I can use the track.  13 is a long way on the track, but I want the flat predictable surface just to prove to myself that I'm not totally out of whack for what I'm using for HMP.  Plus, it is supposed to get up to 65F today.  I haven't run in temps that warm since last fall.

Julia1971:  When I got my Samsung Galaxy S3 it rang and I was pushing all the buttons I could find and clicking on EVERYTHING and still couldn't get the damn phone answered.  I'll send you a PM with a link to what I'm using for Hanson 60 - 80 mpw for the summer for Chicago.

jackdyl11:  It is kind of late in the game for me to still be trying to find out what is meant by a 10k pace.  Is it the pace of your last 10k?  ... or your PR?  ...or your last/recent PR?  I run a 5k essentially in the barf zone, and as I mentioned once before, a 10k is just a 5k that never ends.

SIAR:  If I put my last 10k (my PR) into the RA Race Predictor it shows a 3:57:21 marathon, yet I'm only shooting for a 4:15 for Lake Wobegon and just hoping I can stick to the Hansons' plan for the summer to break 4:00 for Chicago.   My speed must be better than my endurance.

EDITED to note that it seems that my coworker used two packets of coffee when making the office coffee this morning, so I am flying around without my feet touching the floor.  Maybe that'll be good for my workout later.  I'll be all juiced up.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning folks. Since today is a government holiday and hubby is home I have a few minutes to post.

Yesterdays workouts were hard. We spent all day Wed cleaning out my Aunt's apartment and moving

everything to our house. Then due to my Aunt being up and down all night I only had 2 hours sleep Wed

night and the previous few nights weren't much better.  Plus her ex-roommate was a very heavy smoker

and I've had a headache  since we moved her stuff in since it all reeks of smoke and I am allergic. I

am going to have to wash all her clothes multiple times until the smell is gone and leave the windows

open whenever possible.

So late yesterday I dragged my butt through a 15km run run followed 1 hour later by 1 hour of swim clinic. 

I slept like a log last night. Complete exhaustion catches up at some point and the body crashed for 9 hours

Today is the first warm day of the spring here. 44F!! Hubby and I are getting the road bikes out for the first time,

since the roads are now clear of ice. Hopefully for a ride lasting a  few hours. Can't wait. 

Will be up very early for a 19 mile run  tomorrow morning.

Birthday party for hubby's Father tomorrow afternoon, a hour drive each way. Easter Mass and Easter dinner to

prepare on Sunday.  I think I'll be pretty exhausted again by Sunday night!LOL

Enjoy your Easter Weekend everyone!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Has Broken Parts

I found a few minutes while sitting through a boring conference call...

Julia - I hope the 8 was/is a good one.  Weights? I keep telling myself I'll do that. So far that has been a lie.

Damaris - Enjoy the 2 and your workout. See above. :-)

NTS - Good job getting the early run in. I'm SO not motivated to run in the cold right now so no early runs for me until the weather breaks.

RVD - Good luck running that many miles on a track! I'm jealous of your temps!

Beth - Good work getting all that in with everything else you are trying to manage. I hope the runs at least help to manage the stress.

I registered for my Spring HM this morning.  I had been putting it off but realized that it's starting to get close and this race has sold out in the past.  They just posted pics of the race premium on FB this morning.  Last year they had a jacket, this year they have gone with a pull over.  I like it a lot.  It is very Maryland.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

12.16 miles done today, with bare arms and fingers- I felt like a real harlot. Catch you all later on.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I did a speedy 8 miles today. I've been letting myself run which has been fun.

Playing with the new phone and it seems like bolding is a problem so I'm going to try it for personals and see what happens.

Scott, you're still in marathon recovery so you're allowed to play it by ear...I think that shirt IS the Maryland state flag. LOL!

D_R, What's your weight lifting routine?

Swift, Hope you get some rest, too.

RVD, I had my first auto correct issue today.  I miss my keyboard.  Cry. I'll check out the PM later.

Just B.S., I'm not sure how you manage it all. Hope you squeeze some rest in there.

SIAR, I bet it felt nice being so uncovered.

Has Broken Parts

Just got back from running 5 miles at my "Not quite running fast enough to hurt myself but almost" pace.

Have a good weekend all and Happy Easter everyone!

Bad Ass

I don't have a routine per se but I use either P90X or Chalean Extreme DVDs.  I prefer Chalean's.

D_R, What's your weight lifting routine?

RVD, don't go flying now.

Scott, registration, yay!

Beth, stay strong.

All, hello!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."