Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 2/5/2013 (Read 12 times)

Finally PRed!!!

CC: Hope you got your plan, the marathon is not far away.

Julia: Nice job with your medium run, that's a great pace. Glad you got your cable and internet back.

Pressing: Hope your group run with hills went well.

JenRosie: Glad you are feeling better!

SIAR: Nice TM run!

Scott: Maybe your marathon goal is too conservative, are you planning a tune-up race?

Docket: Hope you had a nice run!

B.S.: Great job with your 5+ in the cold. I have a balaclava, some warm gloves and some ice spikes that have sat all winter on the top shelf of my closet.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Has Broken Parts

Scott: Maybe your marathon goal is too conservative, are you planning a tune-up race?

I've been wondering that myself. My goal is 4:00 which would be a 30 minute PR.  I'm starting to consider changing it to 3:55.

I haven't run a tune-up race yet.  I'm thinking about running a HM time trial this Saturday in place of my long run.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just Keep "Tri" ing

B.S.: Great job with your 5+ in the cold. I have a balaclava, some warm gloves and some ice spikes that have sat all winter on the top shelf of my closet.

Color me jealous!LOL Mine have been getting way too much use this year. I had to double glove today.

$$ store gloves under heavy double knit mittens.

The only good part about the cold is that we have had much less snow than usual. Last winter was the

year of snow storms, this winter is the year of butt freezing cold!LOL

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

PressingOn

Chatty today!  I've been missing all the fun.  I feel late to the party.  Cry  I had a fun time on my group run.  Did around 4.5 miles total with maybe 3 of that consisting of hills.  Don't know how far each interval was as our instruction was to "run up this long hill at medium/hard effort  2x, then run up to this point 3x at a hard effort, and finally run up this short section 4x,hard effort, and try to run it faster each time."  We'd run at our own pace, jog in place (because she wants to train us mentally to keep going at the top and not stop) until everyone (all 3 of us) made it to the top and then run back down together and repeat.  Helped a lot to have the group atmosphere.  I was managing around an 8:30mm pace on the short sprints.  Yeah me!  I was also told I should skip the core/strength next week so I don't risk new sore muscles before race day.  Oh darn!  Lol.

Hmmm ... lurkers, I suppose we could be a little too chatty for some folk but that's why I like this group.  FB group is nice but the posts are much shorter and less involved.  I enjoy the chatty.

Lurkers - Hi!  Feel free to join in.  You don't have to be chatty.

SIAR - Good job on another tm run. I "enjoyed" the catch up on tv shows too when I did my tm run. Gotta find the bright side to it. Although I still finished feeling like I'd been lazy all day watching tv.  And you're not annoying. I'm gonna be annoying these next two weeks while I taper. Sorry in advance.

Scott - Sometimes I think it's okay to go with it. And perhaps, you're simply getting faster? Hill repeats. Since I ran them with the group they really were kind of fun. Hard but fun. Running them alone ... that's not as much fun. Lol about the * on the word fun. Smile

Damaris - Seems you've had quite the busy schedule lately. Hope it lightens up soon.

Missing forumites - Hmm ... yes, where are you?

Beth - You have me shivering thinking about that cold run. I think the coldest I've run in is 22 degree's. It felt okay though so I like to think I could go colder if need be. I will not be challenging you to first post. Well, I suppose I could post at midnight my time and beat you. Smile

Swift - Shoot. I missed writing down a comment for you because I was too wrapped up in the "where is everybody and we're too chatty and boring" theme. You posted in the middle of all of that.  Sorry! Having a good day?  Did you run today?  See, I can't even remember what I read now.  Sad

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Settling in for some serious cable watching.  I want to see what I've been missing all these years - Downton Abbey, crazy Housewives from various cities, zombie shows - let me see 'em!

Pressing, Volunteering - good for you!  Hope it was good and no one coughed on you.  Smile

SIAR, Nice job on the treadmill miles.  I find I can do tempo runs but super fast runs are a little more difficult...  I can see what Dexter and Mad Men are all about, too!

Scott, That's too bad about your DD's ankle...  I've been letting myself run a little faster than I think I should lately.  I think every once in a while it's okay.

D_R, Hope you got the mileage in.

Just B.S., Between the swimming and the running, it's hard for me to keep up with you...  I might beat you posting tomorrow.  I'm making up for 10 years of not having cable, so I might be up all night.  Smile

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Settling in for some serious cable watching.  I want to see what I've been missing all these years - Downton Abbey, crazy Housewives from various cities, zombie shows - let me see 'em!

Just B.S., Between the swimming and the running, it's hard for me to keep up with you...  I might beat you posting tomorrow.  I'm making up for 10 years of not having cable, so I might be up all night.  Smile

Enjoy your catching up!LOL

Downtown Abbey!! My new obession!! hate Housewifes, most reality or murder/SCI type shows. I'm more of

a documentary/history/nature type of viewer.

Can't wait for Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire to start again!!!

I don't even talk about the bike trainer time!LOL Not doing a whole lot of that right now, just a few hours a week.

Will have to start adding in more bike time after I get back from Disney on Feb 25th.

OK, it's 9pm here........I'm old and tired and need to get up early!! Nite all!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...great job on the hill runs. You guys are all starting to come around on these hills - love it. I say when it's pre-marathon you can post as much and mindlessly as you need.

Julia...wow, 10 years! You're gonna be quite the zombie at work Smile

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Pressing, Volunteering - good for you!  Hope it was good and no one coughed on you.  Smile

No one coughed on me.  Phew!  Last time I was tapering I found this oral mouth sanitizer. You spray it in your mouth, swirl it around and it's supposed to kill germs that make it in there.  Yeah, I brought it along with me, just in case.  Maybe it doesn't work but if it does all the better.  I have decided I will not be volunteering in the two weeks between this marathon and the next.  That seems too risky.  I hope I didn't already sign up.  I better double check.  Confused  Enjoy that cable tonight.  If you get sleepy throw on a boring show.

Beth - No, you haven't mentioned the bike.  Wowzer, woman.  How do you do it?

SIAR - I've always been partial to hills.  Sometimes your local means you have to be.  Big grin  Repeats are new to me though since I started with my coach.  Before I'd train for them by simply choosing hilly routes.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I think I'm already hooked on Dance Moms!  OMG!

Pressing, Yeah, no more volunteering.  Let them fend for themselves until race day.  They'll manage.  (Man, where did Evil Julia come from?  Too much Dance Moms.)

SIAR, I won't stay up all night.  I'm realizing why I downgraded cable in the first place - there's nothing all that good on!

Just B.S., Good night!  See you bright (and early!) tomorrow.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

PressingOn

Pressing, Yeah, no more volunteering.  Let them fend for themselves until race day.  They'll manage.  (Man, where did Evil Julia come from?  Too much Dance Moms.)

Evil Julia - Big grin That's funny.

work was busy...this is the first time I was online all day...it's already too late now.

all day meeting elsewhere in the state tomorrow

did 9.8 in 7 degree temps this morning.  winter has won...anything less than 20 deg and I am probably going to the TM.

will try and catch up tomorrow

I'll post again when I start running again.  I haven't run since last Friday night when I "tweaked" my hamstring.  I'm going to the chiropractor tomorrow morning.  I don't expect her to fix anything, but I just wanted to get an idea of when I could try to run again, how often and with what intensity.  Can I just run until I feel discomfort and then stop?  Or can I only run if I can press the hamstring area and feel no pain?  Etc, etc.  I'm hoping to at least get back on the treadmill Friday and then perhaps be back outside for some runs starting on Saturday.

I mentioned before about wondering how to resume my Hansons' schedule.  The issue wasn't with the schedule; I have no problem resuming there.  My problem is with trying to determine when/how far/how fast I can run from a hamstring perspective, not from a training schedule perspective.

The Shamrock is only 5 weeks from this Sunday!