Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 5/12/13 - Happy Mother's Day! (Read 12 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

May:

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

It's a rough morning for me.  I stayed out well past midnight last night and had several beers along the way.  I'm rehydrating with Nuun and caffeinating with coffee before heading out to meet up with the running group by 8am.  I'm supposed to do 12 miles but doubt anyone my speed will be going that far, so I'll probably run a lot of it solo.

I've been thinking a lot about trying online dating.  I'd been thinking over the last week or so that it's been a long time since I've been out on a date.  And last night was a good reminder that the guys I meet in bars aren't necessarily the type of guys I'd want to date.  I think I'm just afraid of putting myself out there...  And, this is about as much mental energy I like to spend thinking about dating.  I'd rather think about running.  Smile

Good luck today, Marco and Just B.S.!  (And, Mr. Just B.S. Smile )

Bad Ass

Morning!  10 miles done in this soup!  More miles and weights later.

Julia, rehydrate!

marco and Beth, good luck!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I had a good run today.  My stomach was a little upset from all the beer and pub food I had last night but it wasn't too bad.  The pollen was crazy, though.  I kept needing to clear my throat.  At the end of the run, I had quite a sneezing fit.  I met up with the group but didn't stay long - I was freezing.  I think I have that condition where your hands get too cold.  My hands were so colorless that I really just wanted to get in the car and turn on the seat warmers.  It took the entire drive home for them to turn pink again.  I'm still suffering from the allergies, though.  Sad

D_R, Glad you got your run in.  It hasn't gotten humid here yet but I figure it'll hit us in a couple more weeks.  I can't wait!  /sarcasm

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 8 nice trail miles with the group today. It was the first run where my legs felt spry, even though we weren't going fast.

Julia...do you guys have that "it's just lunch" dating thing by you? They just set you up over lunch, and it's not as random as online. Regardless, if you're thinking about it, it probably means you're ready for it. No men in the running group catch your eye? Glad the run was better than expected...nothing like smell of sweat and beer ha.

Docket...nice job on the soupy 10. I was in tights, a jacket and hat here!

Where's the RRs people?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Hi guys. Just stopping in for a minute.

Left my house at 5:15am and just arrived back at 4pm our time. Marathon city is 1:15 away from

but picked up a friend on the way which make it 1.5 hours each way.

So, I'm a Mom and I ran a marathon today (as did my hubby) and my handsome son and his

sweet GF were there to watch me finish and give me gifts at the finish line.

Then we all went out (along with a friend of mine) and had a bite to eat with Marco and his lovely wife

Doesn't get better than that!!

Oh wait, yes it does. I got another in my string of marathon PR's.Big grin  Hopefully back sometime

tonight after bath and a nice long nap.

And not teeny tiny PR. A nice big fat one.

Yes I am going to keep you all waiting. I am evil.

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Way to go Beth! More info!! Happy mother's day too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Just B.S., That's fantastic!  I can't wait to read about your big fat P.R.!  Sounds like you had a perfect Mother's Day.

SIAR, Good to hear the legs are coming back.  Are you getting any closer to figuring out what your next challenge will be?  I checked out the "It's Just Lunch" website and that actually looks interesting.  A matchmaker might be a better way for me to go.  Hmm.  I'm going to think about that, thanks!  As far as the running club, it's a very small group so the pool of single men is even smaller.  There are 3 regulars that are I get along with pretty well but I'm guessing we're better off as friends - one is too young for me, the other is not my political persuasion, and the other is a bit too cerebral for me.  (Yes, I'm picky which is why I'm still single.  LOL!)

Bad Ass

Hi, wanted to do 5 but the thunder arrived at Mile 3 this afternoon so I called it quits.  So, 13 for the day and weights.  DH's knee is ready to try again tomorrow!

Julia, nice run.

SIAR, I wish I live where I would need a hat some time during the year.

Beth, congrats!

marco, where are you?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just a quick drive by this evening. Spent the afternoon at my mom's place celebrating mother's day and went out for a 10 mile run that ended up flying by at 7:42 ave pace. The legs just wanted to go go go tonight.

BTW, Just B.S. that's just mean to keep us hanging like that. Congrats on the PR anyway and Happy Mother's Day to you!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Just a quick drive by this evening. Spent the afternoon at my mom's place celebrating mother's day and went out for a 10 mile run that ended up flying by at 7:42 ave pace. The legs just wanted to go go go tonight.

BTW, Just B.S. that's just mean to keep us hanging like that. Congrats on the PR anyway and Happy Mother's Day to you!

I am evilEvil haha

But seriously it was a 12 hr day for us plus Mother's Day and I spent a lot of the time

after I got home taking a bath, relaxing,talking on the phone with my youngest (who lives 12 hrs away)

and my Mom.

The important stuff. Plenty of time for race reports later!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)