PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

Morning everyone!  I just finished a 4 miler.  Going to go to the town's Christmas Parade and watch my son march with the scouts, then probably going to do an hour or so of SUP in the bayou, as it looks to be a gorgeous day, with highs in the mid-upper 70s.  Have a great one Smile.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

onemile

Good morning!

Jodi - Nice job on the 4.  Sounds like a busy but fun day planned.

Ended up running 12 last night because I felt good so will probably stick to 8 or so for today. 

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning jodi and onemile

I have a 6 mile recovery today in nice weather. My little girl is up so I may run a bit later. Enjoying being with her. We'll see when I run (likely when she begins full-bore playing).

Jodi - glad you got in the 4 with all that to do. Have a fun day.

onemile - Awesome re the 12 that felt so good. Love those.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone!  I'm back from my pacing experience.  I really had a lot of fun doing it.  I had a great group of about 12 with me for a good bit of it, but as the hills started to come the numbers dwindled.  As much as I wanted to pull back on the hills and help the runners through, I decided that my job was really to be the moving 1:35 target.  The official results aren't up yet, but as I crossed the finish like the clock hit 1:35:00.  Looking at my times though, I'm thinking the course was either a touch long or my tangents weren't very good.

1 7:16.3    
            2 7:08.0    
            3 7:04.8    
            4 7:14.2    
            5 7:08.6    
            6 7:12.7    
            7 7:14.7    
            8 7:12.3    
            9 7:09.8    
            10 7:08.6    
            11 7:13.4    
            12 7:12.0    
            13 7:13.2    
            14 1:42.2    

I suppose I was a little quick on the pace (7:15 was exact), but I think one of the biggest things was keeping the first mile under control.  Miles two and three were also downhill, so getting a few seconds quick there didn't seem so bad.  Anyway, I really enjoyed it and felt great when people thanked me after the race.  It looks like the store is signed up to pace 4 races next year, so I may have some opportunities down the road as well.  Oh, and running with a sign, even considering we dropped them at mile three, is a good way to get a sore tricep!

Jodi...Sounds like a great full day!  Enjoy those beautiful temps and the time with your family.  Nice job on the 4.

Onemile...Sometimes it's so good you just gotta go with it, huh?  Nice work on the 12, and have a good run today too.

Mark...Looks like you're going to get a couple workouts in with the playing and running.  Enjoy both.

Hope everyone else is doing well.  Run Swift run!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

jojo: nice 4, sounds like a fun day.

onemile: hope you had a nice 8!

markrice: hope you have a nice 6. Any luck yet with the RA log and your ST data? Have you tried contacting the site admin to see if he can help?

Great job with the pacing SIAR! I wish I was fast enough to be able to run that pace! 

My 10K went well, got AG 2nd, which was a surprise, since it wasn't that tiny of  a race (usually I  only place, even AG, in very small races!). Still not sure of official finish time, did not remember to look @ results sheet at the race, since I  was mainly so surprised to see my placing. Garmin time had me at a little under 51,  so under the circumstances, I'm very happy. Next 10K goal will be to get back under 50, I feel like with under 50 I will be pretty close to being back in shape. This race had a little over a mile of dirt trails with some rocks on them, so I think I'd have been closer to 50:40 or maybe faster without that. The totally rock-covered section was not part of the course, so either they adjusted it slightly or I had read the map wrong. Splits from my Garmin should be visible in my log (I think my log is public!), along with map and elevation. First 2 miles were fastest, but they were downhill, then came the trail section, then a bit uphill toward end. Probably did start a bit too fast, but I really think that helped me get away from the crowd for the trail section, so that was somewhat intentional. Then it was just trying to hold on as best  I could toward the end. I need to do more tempos, but I'm well on my way back to faster (for me, anyway!) times. It was warm out, low 60s and sunny. Poured water on my head at the water stops (only drank a bit at one of them, I think).

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...awesome job! Congrats on the AG place, that's always so fun. You're plenty fast, as evidenced by that award you got! Most of my times are right around first overall woman, but you're still beating tons of women with your times. It sounds like on a different course you'd have been really close to that 50. I've been really impressed with your training and think you're doing a great job getting speed work and miles in. Seeing the rusults of that is lots of fun, for all us really. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Slow in here today...must be family day.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 7 easy recovery miles.

soImaRunner - Yes, you got it. Two forms of exercise. :-)

notTooSwift - Congratulations!! Great on the AG placement!  My 6 was good enough to fit in a 7th. :-)  Yes, Eric is helping me and has been very patient. First he fixed a problem that caused the blank distances.  Next I had a size issue (my zipped file was 19.2 Megs). In the end, Eric said to zip up the entire SportTracks log and send to him. I appreciate his help. This is not high priority to me, so we'll just see when he as time to look at it.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

PressingOn

Hey all!  Quick post.  Both kids have friends arriving shortly for an overnighter.  Yes, my house will be crazy in short bit.  Well, crazier than normal.  Supposed to have done a 50 min. cycle workout but will do it tomorrow since the kids are coming.  It was last minute planning since my dd's friend's parents needed to go out of town for a funeral.  My plans got shifted.  No biggie.  

I got a thumbs up from my swim coach yesterday.  Felt soooo good to know I'm doing some things correctly and that I wasn't the main one he was focused on.  On that note, drills are hard.  Dead

SIAR - Awesome job on the pacing!  You're right, your goal was to hit that finish time.  Good job.  

Swift - Congrats on the AG win!  Super job!  I wish I was as fast as you, never mind being as fast as SIAR.  

Hi Jodi, onemore, Markrice.  Good to "see" you!  

Today was my one day of the week with a chance to sleep in, so I did.  It was 8 degrees at sunrise so I waited until it was 25 this afternoon.  Only had time to do a little less than six before sundown.  Spent a lot of time putting up outside decorations and cleaning up the garage.

SIAR--great job with the pacing...still a distance I have not raced

swift--congratulations on picking up the second place AG!

jodi--haven't conversed with you in a while...how are you liking it there?

onemile--hope you had a good 8

mark--good job on the 7.  Do you have any other children?

pressing--hope you survive the night

Finally PRed!!!

Thanks, everyone!

SIAR: your posts are always so encouraging. Getting rid of some excess weight I'd acquired has been another thing that's been helping me get my times closer to where they should be. But yes, it is definitely nice to see the hard training pay off.

markrice: that is great that he is helping you with getting the log problem fixed! Great job getting 7 in.

marco: I don't miss that part about waiting for the temps to warm up, I did that too while I was living in Maine.

Pressing: good luck with the crazy house!

Docket: if  you check in hope, you have a great  race tomorrow!

Scott: hope you enjoy your fun race tomorrow, too!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yes, I am officially bored today (although this Georgia/Alabama football game is a doozy).

Mark...Always nice when the runs feel so good that you just don't want them to end.

Pressing...Thumbs up from the swim coach?  Fantastic!  Good luck getting some sleep tonight ha.

Marco...I'm glad you finally had a chance to get some sleep...your posts of late have even been making me feel tired.  Decorating and cleaning ought to make those 6 miles count for at least 8.  I don't know if you'd like the half distance or not.  Honestly, I don't know how much I like it as I don't get the same level of satisfaction as I do with a marathon.  I guess one good thing is you and I have a decent chance of finishing near the top of smaller halves...that chance drops a little with fulls I think.

jojo61397

Marco-- LOVING Florida.  My husband got me a stand up paddle board for an early Christmas present, and I hit the water every chance I get.  The weather is gorgeous.  My parents are going to move in with us this summer.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds