Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 5/8/2013 (Read 10 times)

May:

IPatti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Docket Rocket - 5/11 - Lou Gehrig's Disease 10K

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 5/27 - Patriots Day Half Marathon - Goal 1:55

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Had a good six last night so it will be a RD today.  Last night was the first night that I did not have to turn on the heat in the house and I have grass to cut for the first time this year when I get home from work.

Rachel--congratulations on getting into Houston.  When I lived in Texas I thought seriously about trying for Houston or Austin, but never got the chance.

Have a good one

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I overslept a bit.  I got up at like 5:30am, did some quick calculations on when I needed to get up, and tried to sneak in another half hour.  I didn't wake up again until 6:30.  Sad  I have 10 miles on the schedule so I'm either going to be late for work if I don't leave the house in the next 10 minutes or run in to work so I can be on time.

Marco, Good morning!  Thanks for getting us started again.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

TaperMarco is an early riser!  Enjoy your rest day!

Julia - I hope to 10 miler in to work went well.  You were correct yesterday.  Training for MCM starts on June 23rd!

Rest day number three for me.  I'm calling to book my massage appointment for Friday after work if possible.  Seems like a good way to start the weekend.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

BruceD555

marco59- Isn't that a good feeling when you can finally turn off the heat! Enjoy your RD and the smell of freshly cut grass this evening. (BTW, one of my RPs loves to mow the lawn the day after he races a FM - great easy active recovery following the self-propelled mower)

Julia1971- I hate it when morning mental math doesn't equal reality. Hope you get in your run today AND get to work on time ... somehow. On another note, I've been the same way lately in that I seem to be needing more sleep than normal. I'm generally a morning person and wake up early and easily. However, the past couple of weeks I just want to turn off the alarm and sleep in.

Well, last night I got in 7+ hilly miles with a couple of RPs. I'm still in "recovery" phase but one of the guys (who normally likes to keep us easy on pace) busted out of the gates at the start of the run - that's usually my job Big grin. He eventually slowed it down but by that time I really felt like turning it into a tempo run, but thought better and dialed it back down. Tonight I'll do another 5+ miles after work (unless I get a chance to sneak out over lunch to get in a run).

I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life. - Phil Connors 

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning folks.

Last night did 5K @ 8:30 pace then a mile cool down. Good pace for me considering it was

into a "plaster your clothes to your body wind".

This morning 1,500 in the pool non-stop in 40 minutes. I'm finally starting to get a bit faster!

A nice slow 4 miles planned  later today.

I haven't had a rest day from either swimming or running since last Thursday and since it's

only 4 days from marathon I AM taking tomorrow off. No swimming, running or cycling. I swear

I am!!

Have a good day everyone!!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights later.

marco, enjoy the RD.

Julia, hope you managed to run and be on time.

Scott, I love massages.  Enjoy!

Bruce, yo!  Hope you enjoy the hilly miles.

Beth, nice job on the 5K!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Good Morning Runnin Clowns,

I got in just over 4 this morning. 2 miles w/u and c/d with 16 x 200m sprints with 1min core work in between. this weeks run was much faster than last so it looks like the speed work is payin off. funny thing though, is I couldn't seem to find my groove so I was really surprised to see my pace.

marco - you're turnin off the heat and we're turnin it on. (not complainin here). and it looks like another cold front is expected to arrive next week. it would be so awesome if a cold front would come through for my half at the end of the month.

julia - hopefully you can get those miles in. I hate when I over sleep and I need to get my workout in.

Imnotscott - enjoy rest day #3. I'm goin in to be "professionally stretched" friday. I'm hoping it helps with my piriformis. I've also experienced some hit issues so hopefully it'll help with that as well.

bruce - killer run last night. I find that whenever I go out for an easy run I'm usually pushin the pace by the end.

justbs - that is a great run. it can be windy like that here too...more often than not, it seems like the last couple of yrs.

docket - enjoy your day

YaY!!! I can't believe I actually got to do personals today. It helps though that I'm not at "my" store but helpin at our other store today.

Everyone have a great day

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I got my run in before work. I finished just in time for a little putting around and a quick shower.  My calves and feet did not feel do good so I tried to take it easy. I still ended up running 8:25ish pace. I hope this is a true speed breakthrough of dome type and not just me kidding myself about what easy feels like.

Scott, Enjoy the rest. I think I may schedule a massage, too. Smile

Bruce, I'm one of those people who don't use an alarm clock to wake up in the morning so this happens to me when I get out of a routine... Hope the run wasn't too strenuous for you.

Just B.S., That was a fast 5K. Enjoy the off day tomorrow.

D_R, Good morning!

CC, Have fun at the store.

BruceD555

ImNotScott- Hope you enjoyed your SRD today and were able to schedule that Friday massage. How are the legs feeling after your race this past weekend?

Just B.S.-  Nice work on the 5k last night and  I hope you had an enjoyable ... flat ... non-windy 4 miles today. Now, where did you put your Purell? You ARE on taper.

Docket_Rocket- Enjoy those 5 miles and weights tonight ... hopefully not at the same time. Wink

CompetitiveChik- Nice job on the 4 miles this morning and also on the personals today!! It's kind of fun when you get to reap the benefits of speed work but that does mess with how your "perceived effort" pace changes. - overall it's a good thing!

Julia1971- Awesome job on getting those miles before work ... and having time to lounge just a bit (running fast does that sometimes). I had one of those speed breakthroughs during this last training cycle where suddenly my pace just seemed to drop a notch without seeming to do anything. BTW, I too generally don't use an alarm at all and wake up around 4:00 every morning. However, over the past couple of weeks my routine has gotten messed up and I'm staying up too late - and therefore feeling tired when I wake up.

Well, work got completely crazy today and there was no chance for a lunchtime run ... dumb conference calls ... but I'll still get in that short 5 miles later tonight.

I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life. - Phil Connors 

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Sorry you didn't get your run in but hopefully you can tonight.  Glad to see I'm not the only one that wakes up without an alarm clock.  LOL!  But, my internal alarm doesn't wake me up at 4am, yet.  That would be nice, though.

Julia1971- Awesome job on getting those miles before work ... and having time to lounge just a bit (running fast does that sometimes). I had one of those speed breakthroughs during this last training cycle where suddenly my pace just seemed to drop a notch without seeming to do anything. BTW, I too generally don't use an alarm at all and wake up around 4:00 every morning. However, over the past couple of weeks my routine has gotten messed up and I'm staying up too late - and therefore feeling tired when I wake up.

Well, work got completely crazy today and there was no chance for a lunchtime run ... dumb conference calls ... but I'll still get in that short 5 miles later tonight.

Bad Ass

What?  You cannot run and lift heavy weights at the same time?  Sissy! Wink

I only did 5 miles because after court I got my allergy shot and weights are a no no.  I think exercise is a no no the day of too but I put my foot down about running.

ImNotScott- Hope you enjoyed your SRD today and were able to schedule that Friday massage. How are the legs feeling after your race this past weekend?

Just B.S.-  Nice work on the 5k last night and  I hope you had an enjoyable ... flat ... non-windy 4 miles today. Now, where did you put your Purell? You ARE on taper.

Docket_Rocket- Enjoy those 5 miles and weights tonight ... hopefully not at the same time. Wink

CompetitiveChik- Nice job on the 4 miles this morning and also on the personals today!! It's kind of fun when you get to reap the benefits of speed work but that does mess with how your "perceived effort" pace changes. - overall it's a good thing!

Blog

Julia1971

All in for Boston

D_R, It looks like I can't comment in the B&B forum since I'm not a member (?) but I read your RR and... Awesome job!  I bet the sunrise was beautiful and I was glad to see you had fun even in those conditions.  I can't imagine how that humidity must have felt.

Bad Ass

Pfffttt, just add yourself to the group, silly!  I'm the owner!

Thanks!

I was really surprised my asthma was not an issue at that high dewpoint but I was not running at much of a pace so I guess that was why.  LOL.

D_R, It looks like I can't comment in the B&B forum since I'm not a member (?) but I read your RR and... Awesome job!  I bet the sunrise was beautiful and I was glad to see you had fun even in those conditions.  I can't imagine how that humidity must have felt.

Blog