ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

I guess pizza and beer made me stay in bed almost 9 hours.  So, it's a late start and I bet Julia and SIAR are on their way!

In the mid 60s today, so I may wash the vehicles and till the garden.  Feet still tender from yesterday so it will be this afternoon before I can think about running.

jojo61397

3-4 miles after church...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Go Julia and SIAR!!!

marco: The 9 hours was probably good for you, when that happens to me it is usually because I seemed to need the extra rest.

jojo: Enjoy the 3-4.

I have 10 planned after a while, I slept in today, too. It's a little too embarrassing to explain how I probably did this, but I think I came into contact with poison ivy or something similar a few days ago. My legs are feeling a little sore from the squats and lunges I just added to my weight routine. Maybe adding them the day before my longest run wasn't the best idea, might try to shift the schedule around, but maybe they'll feel okay once I start running.

Can't wait to hear how the races go. Go racers!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Has Broken Parts

A real quick check in.  It's my DD's 18th birthday today so I've got a busy day planned.

Just got back from running an early 10 miler. Fighting off a cold and losing right now, but it felt good to run after two days off.

Good luck SIAR and Julia!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning everyone!  I'm back from my race.  Here's the report.  When you get to the end, you'll see why I'm beaming today despite not getting a PR.  It was a great race - fantastic course, good crowd support...  I couldn't have asked for more.  Well, except a PR but...

Thanks for all the well wishes!  It really did help in the rough patches knowing people were wanting me to race well.  Now, pizza, wine, and bad television which combined should help me take a well deserved nap.

Marco, You're always so busy.  9 hours of rest must have felt great.

JoJo, Enjoy your run today!

Swift, Yikes!  Poison ivy, huh?  I hope it goes away quickly.  Don't scratch!

Scott, Happy birthday to DD.  I bet you can't believe she's all grown up.  Sorry to hear you're still under the weather.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Bad Ass

Hi, guys!  I did 12.20 in my new Hokas and they were my fastest in ages.  Love the Hokas too!

Off to the LRS with hubby who wants to shop for new shoes.  Awesome!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone!  Great job Julia, and Beth yesterday and Docket too!  I'll get to all your reports and the like once I nap and get everything pulled together here at home.  I shocked the heck out of myself today.  I didn't think I had it in me going into the race, but I ran just over 2:56 today.  Thank you all so much for helping me to that.  I'll share all the details when I get a chance too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

I shocked the heck out of myself today.  I didn't think I had it in me going into the race, but I ran just over 2:56 today.  Thank you all so much for helping me to that.  I'll share all the details when I get a chance too.

TOLD YA!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

Really excited for you!!

I did end up posting a real race report. Not so much for the race itself but for the day

prior and today's events. On the beginners forum if you care to read.

Julia,  I think it goes without saying that you pretty much rock!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Finally PRed!!!

Woohoo, great job, SIAR!! I knew you had it in you! So happy for you!

Can't wait to read the details later!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Waking up from a brief nap.  I love naps.  I need to find some more food...

D_R, Congrats on the fast run!

SIAR, I am so happy for you.  I'm grinning ear-to-ear over here.  I can't wait for the full race report.

Just B.S.,  Thank you!  It was cool mingling with greatness today.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

thinkin about glory days

Great job, SIAR!  I knew you had it in you.

Congratulations on a great race, Julia.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jojo61397

WTG SIAR!  Sub 3:00 hours nice!

I got 3 miles outside, 1 mile on the treadmill.

Decided that when DH leaves, I will go out on the beach and go for a nice run.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Beth...Way to go with your course PR yesterday!  I don't tend to do it often, but there is something appealing about the idea of running a race repeatedly.  Having the opportunity to compare course PRs is a great yard stick too.  To think that you had all those PRs last year, after surgery, in all but this race is nuts.  The course sounds insanely tough...not sure I would run it myself ha.  You're set up for another great year.  I'm excited to get to share it with you.

Thanks for the faith in me.

Marco...That's some good sleep, but you've been pretty busy lately so I'm sure it was much needed.  I hope the yard work didn't wear you out too much and you got some miles in.

Jodi...I hope the church and miles cleared your head a little.  Definitely sending positive, healthy thoughts your way.

Swift...Yikes, sounds like a lot of leg troubles for you.  Are you feeling better?  I'm jealous of all the sleep.  I didn't get much, what with the wedding party above us banging around all night and all.

Scott...Hope she had a great birthday!  Good luck battling the cold and getting the miles in.  NIce 10.

Julia...I hope you're recovering well.  The rest of your day sounds perfect.

Docket...I knew you'd come around on those Hokas.  We are practically club Hoka at my running group.  Great job on the fast run.  sounds like dh is really coming around too.

Hill...Thanks!  I'm glad somebody knew.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jodi...x-posted.  Thanks so much.  A beach run sounds like the perfect remedy for you.  Good running today too.