A Mile A Day

Weekly Checkin 05-04-09 (Read 218 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This week was a challenge, with nasty postrace weakness. But it is recovering. And the strength is returning. Wohoo!
      streak is still alive. increased miles made a tremendous difference in post marathon recovery. little to no soreness 2 days after the race.

Get off my porch

I think I will end my streak, not running just the streak, I do'nt really want to, been thinking about it for a couple weeks, I will be 59 in about 30 days and I find my legs do not recover from running very fast, I did 4 Sunday and could only do 3 one mile runs the next few days real easy runs. I think maybe I can have better runs if I go to a 4 or 5 day running week. Legs have been real tired at work and at home. I started this streak with a poor running base so will build a better base up for about 6 months and try and streak again, my hat is off to guys that keep it up, you have been my motvation to keep going, resting my legs tonight want to do 4plus with some hills tomorrow, that a lot for me, well take care hope you keep on streaking Sad

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

A Saucy Wench

Vintagerunner, I hardly knew ye but I am sad to see you go.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ojo

I think I will end my streak, not running just the streak, I do'nt really want to, been thinking about it for a couple weeks, I will be 59 in about 30 days and I find my legs do not recover from running very fast, I did 4 Sunday and could only do 3 one mile runs the next few days real easy runs. I think maybe I can have better runs if I go to a 4 or 5 day running week. Legs have been real tired at work and at home. I started this streak with a poor running base so will build a better base up for about 6 months and try and streak again, my hat is off to guys that keep it up, you have been my motvation to keep going, resting my legs tonight want to do 4plus with some hills tomorrow, that a lot for me, well take care hope you keep on streaking Sad
            Good luck with your running!

Sara

MM #2929

Wingz

Professional Noob

Be well and enjoy your streaking, Vintagerunner! My feet are sore today. Just hammered a run at the park (barefoot) and I got several new blisters and popped a few. Oops. Blush Need to be more careful - I've got to run with those tootsies! Other than that, nothing new to report. Except ow! Lots of little blisters hurt! Shocked

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

Sorry to see you go. Best of luck with your running. Jeff
                  I am really liking streaking. I think it is definitely helping me recover quicker from races. I ran a marathon in early April and it took a good week for my legs to feel right again. I ran another marathon last Sunday and I was feeling pretty good just a few days later. All my runs this week felt easier than the runs I did right after the April marathon. I hope this keeps up.

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan