A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 05/18/09 (Read 193 times)

Last week went pretty well, though my legs were tired at the end of the week. I had done three hard workout on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday so it was kind of expected. I started stretching a little more last week and I think it is helping with my calf and ankle pain, so I hope to continue that into this week adn loosen everything up even more. I have decided on a goal for this year (better late than never I guess). I am going to shoot for a sub-19 in the 5K. This week I start an 8 week training program that I got from a run clinic I went to 3-4 years ago. The last time I followed this program I dropped a minute and a half off my 5K time in 10 weeks. I am hoping that this, plus all the base miles I have put in over the last year, will get me there. Unfortunately though (or maybe fortunately) it is a tough regimen but with a lot lower mileage than I usually do. It has me running four workouts a week, between which I will probably just do one milers, so my weekly mileage will probably drop down from the 35-45 that I am doing now, to 25-35 miles per week. Depending how tiring the weekly workouts are, I may try to put in a few more easy miles in between the workouts, but for at least the first few weeks I am planning on cutting back to the required mileage in the plan. MIlestones this week: mainrun - 400 days albertoknox - 3 months Ennay - 1 month teresadfp - double digits FrancesRe - double digits nice job everyone and Streak On!!! Jeff
      I hit 90 days yesterday, and am staring down 100! Big grin This week I started trying to push the distance up to 1.55 miles per run again like I did before I transitioned (suddenly) to barefoot. Been having minor aches and pains, so I know I'm still pushing at my body's limits. *sigh* If only I were 14 again... (physically!!!) Guess I shouldn't try to push past this soon, even though I'm feeling typical runner's impatience... Roll eyes Gotta go looking for a pair of Vibram 5-fingers to celebrate day 100... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

A Saucy Wench

low mileage last week, but at least I ran. At least 4, probably 5 days last week (saturday to saturday) I would not have run at all while on vacation so the fact that so many of the days were the 1-2 mile variety is still something.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I fly.

One more week until we go to Disney so one more week of high mileage before the lowest mileage week I've had all year (I'm hoping for 2 miles a day - Smile ) Last week I was able to get in my 50+ miles like I wanted, hopefully I'll be able to do it again!

Bring it on.

I hit the 40 mile mark last week. Trying to cautiously extend that to 50 miles.

"You can't untrain for Monkey" - bdub

Ojo

Still trying to get my legs back after the marathon. Just got back from 14.5 and I must admit my legs were a bit tired (maybe because I ran too fast?). I am hoping to keep building back the miles so that it gets easier again. At least I haven't lost the desire to run every day. Hope everyone has a good week! Congrats to those with milestones.

Sara

MM #2929

I am happy that 400 is coming up, and plan to continue to run every day. Last week I ran 30 miles. Sunday I did four at marathon pace. Wednesday I did this workout: 3X1K~5K pace with three minute recoveries then 2X40 second striders. Saturday I raced a 5K and finished in 20:21. Good running all

A Dance with Monkeys

I'm still running also. This past weekend we took a group down to Corpus Christi Texas for the 34th annual Beach to Bay Relay marathon. Its a 6 person relay that we have been running for the last 5 years. Each person runs roughly 4.4 miles, and it is always a fun weekend. This week I'll hit a personal milestone. My longest streak to date is 135 days, and I'll match that on Wednesday and beat it on Thursday.
                    This week I'll hit a personal milestone. My longest streak to date is 135 days, and I'll match that on Wednesday and beat it on Thursday.
                    Very cool - sorry that I didnt see that when I posted teh milestones this morning - that is awesome!
                      Still running. I ran a disappointing 5 mile trail race this weekend. I had hoped to beat my time from last year, but was like a minute slower. Not sure why. I feel like I am in much better shape this year. Perhaps the course was a little longer last year? Smile I did run with a buddy for most of it and probably could have pushed the pace a little more. I'm annoyed but will get my revenge at the next one which is a 7 miler. I am feeling good but have noticed the bottom of my feet hurt a bit. Particularly the balls of my feet and worse on the left. This is something new to me. It's almost like they feel bruised. On a positive not I am now wear-testing for Brooks and got a new pair of shoes. It's kinda fun to share my opinion and this will help my own shoes last a little longer. Smile

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Looking back at the chart after reading jugdish was about tie (and beat) his longest streak ever, I just realized that on Thursday that will mean that everyone but Pammie (who has a ways to go due to an AWESOMELY LONG streak she had last year) will be running their longest streak ever. Nice job everyone. Jeff

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'll need a re-set - but you may as well wait until I'm back in the country. I missed a day by 10 minutes due to time zone changes and jet lag! I'm trying to get out every morning now, but DH and I have both been sick, so I won't run if it is raining. Anyway, I'll check back in when I get home and we can determine what my new start date is. Only did a short run this morning and my pace was terrible - I stopped to take too many pictures along the canal. Big grin
                            Today I had an awesome 8.3-mile run. That makes 8 days in a row, which I've never done in my life. I think my short run yesterday really helped me do better today. The boot camp I started isn't hurting, either! 2009 has gotten off to a slow start, but it's picking up for me now. It's inspiring to read about all of your streaks!
                              11 days in a row, whoo hoo! And this morning's (short) run was after having stayed up until 4 am, working on a project. I can see where this gets addictive.