A Mile A Day

Injured (Read 232 times)

I'm on an injury break.  Short story...a little over a week ago I took a tumble and broke my left arm, cracked some ribs and some vertebrate, and bruised a lung.  Basically everything on the left side of my body...Smile  I'm focusing on healing now and just getting to the point where I can ride a stationary bike at the gym.  I am noticing improvement everyday, its just seems like a long process with the ribs.

I'm still going to stick around the group, because I will eventually start my streak again.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yikes!  Yes, I guess that counts as an injury, and I can see how you might have missed a day or two in the process... Wink

Heal up well and completely and we'll see you back streaking in no time!

Roads were made for journeys...

Ojo

Yikes is right!  I hope you heal quickly . . . in the mean time, take care of yourself!

Sara

MM #2929

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I hope you heal quickly!
          jeffdonahue

Wow, hope everything gets better soon.  Was that tumble during a run or something else?
            Jill_B

I fly.

Wow, I hope that you aren't in too much pain and that you heal quickly!

Bring it on.

Wow, hope everything gets better soon.  Was that tumble during a run or something else?

Something else, fell about 25-30 feet off a bridge.

jeffdonahue

Something else, fell about 25-30 feet off a bridge.

Ouch.  Hope it heals quick.

Update:  Recovery is going well.  My back and ribs are making good progress.  I have started working out again on the elliptical and the exercise bike at the gym.  I plan building myself up on the treadmill soon, although I got back on there the past couple of days and the impact of running didn't feel so hot on the ribs.

My arm is getting better slowly but surely.  I'm not close to lifting weights again, but I'll get there.  I'm looking forward to being able to swing a softball bat again...Smile

I am hoping to start a new streak at the beginning of 2010.

Ojo

Update:  Recovery is going well.  My back and ribs are making good progress.  I have started working out again on the elliptical and the exercise bike at the gym.  I plan building myself up on the treadmill soon, although I got back on there the past couple of days and the impact of running didn't feel so hot on the ribs.

My arm is getting better slowly but surely.  I'm not close to lifting weights again, but I'll get there.  I'm looking forward to being able to swing a softball bat again...Smile

I am hoping to start a new streak at the beginning of 2010.

Glad to hear you are doing better!  2010 is not that far away! 

Sara

MM #2929