A Mile A Day

Funny how moods change (Read 131 times)

jeffdonahue

it's funny how when your running is going kind of crappy over an extended period (I'm not talking about one crappy run, but a couple weeks of not so great runs) that it can really dampen your outlook on running as a whole.  A month ago I started considering when to end my streak.  I had just been plagued with injuries this year (sprained toe, hamstring, ankle) and it was frustrating me to no end.

Now, I have had a couple of back to back good weeks of runnign with nothing really bothering me, and I wouldn't even think about stopping running or my streak.  In the past week i was able to get in my long run of just under 17 miles, some speedwork on Monday and a 9 mile marathon pace run today.  My legs are tired and sore, but it's that "I just worked them really hard" kind of sore - not the "I think I'm injured" kind of sore.

I think everyone has bad days runnign once in a while, and I can handle that, but it gets overwhelming when it is for an extended period - especially overwhelming I think if you are trying to hold onto a streak (most people would just take a few days off and probably be fine.  But now that I feel back to normal - running makes me happy.

Ojo

Please send of your mojo my way!  I am totally feeling in the dumps about my running.  I actually was so dead this morning that I walked twice -- yes that's 2 times -- during a 7 mile run!  Argh!  I did just learn that I am anemic so hopefully that is a contributing factor to my issues.  I really need those good running vibes back if I am going to attempt the 2 in 2 weekends! 

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

~~~~~~~Good Running Vibes~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~Mojo~~~~~~~~~

Hope it helps.  Big grin

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Please send of your mojo my way!  I am totally feeling in the dumps about my running.  I actually was so dead this morning that I walked twice -- yes that's 2 times -- during a 7 mile run!  Argh!  I did just learn that I am anemic so hopefully that is a contributing factor to my issues.  I really need those good running vibes back if I am going to attempt the 2 in 2 weekends! 

You'll get it back Sara.  The weather is finally starting to turn a little bit in our favor.  Looking forward to some cooler temps.  That always helps me run faster.  I always try something new when I get in slumps.  Recently I have been running in the morning (4am) without a shirt on.  I really like it.  Being a girl you might want to try a different approach.  Wink

2011 Goals:
            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          jeffdonahue

You'll get it back Sara.  The weather is finally starting to turn a little bit in our favor.  Looking forward to some cooler temps.  That always helps me run faster.  I always try something new when I get in slumps.  Recently I have been running in the morning (4am) without a shirt on.  I really like it.  Being a girl you might want to try a different approach.  Wink

Or if you try the same approach at least let us all know your route   Big grin

Ojo

Thanks guys -- I really needed the chuckle today!  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929