A Mile A Day

Streak question (Read 238 times)

Gotta Flee Em All

So, as y'all know I am not currently streaking.

Thank goodness.

What would you have done if you were in the middle of a streak and, like I had to deal with the other day, you were so sick with influenza that a walk to the bathroom resulted in the need to sleep the effort off for 45 minutes?

I fly.

My streak would be over.

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

I kept up my streak at the 1 mile level through an illness like that and I think that is why 2 months later I am still not healthy.  Rest up monkey man.

MTA: it is also likely that the get out of bed slump in my chair while staring at the treadmill, run, crawl back in bed is what triggered my back/hamstring issue. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ojo

What would you have done if you were in the middle of a streak and, like I had to deal with the other day, you were so sick with influenza that a walk to the bathroom resulted in the need to sleep the effort off for 45 minutes?

If this was the case, I probably would have ended my streak.  I have run a few days sick but just a bad cold and not influenza.  Hope you are feeling better!

Sara

MM #2929

mlybrand

First, I must preface my response with: I am an idiot.

I would run at least a mile a day, regardless.  I have done this already a few times, and so far I am not the worse for wear.  Your mileage may vary.

Mark Smile

I'm with mlybrand, an idiot.  With just over 100 days before my personal 1 year of streaking goal I am focusing on that end..  At this point it would need to have me bed ridden to prevent at least 1 mile.

If you asked me this question on January 1 of next year though, I suspect it would be a different answer

Get well soon Trent!

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm an idiot.  I would probably still try to run.  Hope you feel better soon.

Gotta Flee Em All

Feeling mostly better.

To be clear, I could barely walk to the bathroom.  It was bad.

In it for the long run..

Hope you continue to recover and get back to normal.  I am an idiot but also have gained a tiny bit of ability to see the bigger picture (this skill has come- very slowly-with age) and my streak would end if I were that sick.  The streak is not the main deal for me.

"It's not who wins the workout..."

BANNED from the LLR (Ladies' Locker Room) forum at age 64.  Remember, folks, it's just running.

A Saucy Wench

damn....I got the flu

I blame Trent

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

So, as y'all know I am not currently streaking.

Thank goodness.

I had the flu really bad last year during my streak.  What I did was waited it out and got my one mile run in at the point that I felt the best (not that I felt good by any means, but when I felt the "best" that day).  I was dizzy and staggering a little for the whole mile, but I got it in.  then I went back home and slept again and did the same thing the next day cause the flu wasnt gone. 

I just kept telling myself - its only a mile, less than 10 minutes and I'll be back in my bed.