A Mile A Day

A sad day for me (Read 25 times)

Marylander

My 4+ year streak is coming to an end. I had a couple kidney stones removed last night and a ureteral stent put in. It didn't sound like a big deal when they were describing it ahead of time but, man, it's been the worst pain I've ever experienced (worse than passing another stone a few weeks ago). Looks like I will have to start over in a few days. Sad I'm sitting here trying to come to terms with the end of the streak. A sad day for me.

Ojo

I am so sorry your streak has to end, but it is better to take care of yourself!  I hope you are feeling better this morning.

Sara

MM #2929

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sorry to hear it! Take care of yourself and I hope you are building a new streak soon!

Running is about the long game for most of us. You'll get back out there.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Marylander

On the plus side the initial streak was my most successful intentional habit building effort ever. As soon as this stent is out I'll get back to it. At least this hasn't impacted my 23 year old daughter's streak. She was just a few days behind me.

Teileen

When this arrived in my email last night my heart sank for you.  So sorry!  Hope you're feeling better today (physically and mentally).

Est. 2006

Intentionally Blank

I am sorry, friend! I hope your recovery goes well and you enjoy the next streak.

HopkntnHereICome

So sorry to hear from you about how your streak had to come to an end. My wishes for a speedy recovery.

The only way out is through- R. Frost I have miles to go before I sleep - R. Frost

Marylander

The stent came out this morning and I'm feeling pretty ok after taking a 3 hour nap. Here's hoping I can get a new streak started today.

jeffdonahue

Just read this.  Sorry to hear about your streak ending, but you had a hell of a run there.  And the great thing about streaks is that you can just start another one.  I think a lot of people on here can relate - Ojo in particular if I remember had a pretty decent streak when she had to stop for surgery and has now surpassed that one.

Best of luck.  Glad you are feeling well.

Jeff

Marylander

Yeah, I've come to terms with it and have started again, 4 days so far. I guess it's not so bad. The important thing is that the big streak really established a daily running habit for me.

Thanks all!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yeah, I've come to terms with it and have started again, 4 days so far. I guess it's not so bad. The important thing is that the big streak really established a daily running habit for me.

Thanks all!

I see 78 days now. Nice to see those days adding up again for you. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Marylander

Indeed, I've got the daily habit down pat. A sort of side benefit of having a new streak is that my daily average is higher on the new streak. The numbers may not be amazing but I still like seeing bigger ones.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Indeed, I've got the daily habit down pat. A sort of side benefit of having a new streak is that my daily average is higher on the new streak. The numbers may not be amazing but I still like seeing bigger ones.

I'm a bit jealous. I'd like to see my daily average higher but this is the tough time of year for me.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Happened to see this thread just now.  Marylander, great work in starting a new streak and sticking to it!  Smile