A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/22/09 (Read 274 times)

jeffdonahue

Not a bad week for me.  I did miss one of my speed workouts, but only because I did a boot camp class on Friday and my legs were toast afterwards so I kept the run on the easy side.  I also hit 1000 miles for the year so far so I am a little ahead of my 2,000 mile year goal.

I think one more higher mileage week and then I am going to taper down a bit for my 5K which is about 3 weeks away right now.  I definitely want to get at least two speed sessions in this week too.

Milestones this week:

mlybrand - 11 months

str1der - 6 months

lorrieg - 6 months

Jill_B - 100 days

Hstreet - 100 days

AmoresPerros - 3 months

jsobo119 - 3 months

Ennay - 2 months

Pammie - 2 months

runCheffyrun - 1 month

cderuyter - 1 month

runinBlack - double digits

celiacChris - double digits

Nice work everyone - keep it up.

Jeff

YAY ME!

One Month, and never felt better....my running legs may be making a comeback.....

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Ojo

More streakers = lots of milestones!  Congrats to all!

I just got back from a tough 16 miles.  I don't know why I find it so hard to do my long runs on Mondays -- I think maybe it is in my head.  I am going to have to start juggling running times since the kids get out of school this week and I am done working for the summer.  I am going to have to be creative but I know I will make it work.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sara

MM #2929

36 miles today!  Smile

Ok, you southern runners, don't hurt me for saying this, but....it is finally summer in Michigan & the heat has been killing me on my runs.  A few runs in the humidity & 80+ temps has killed my pace & energy levels.  Heat doesn't usually bother me, but for some reason it is this summer.  I guess I just need to get my lazy butt out of bed & do my runs at 5 or 6 am instead of sleeping til 7 & lounging til 9 or 10, then running.  I've started training for marathon #2, so there will be no excuses for not running now!

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
          jeffdonahue

36 miles today!  Smile

I think you mean 36 days, which is awesome!!   Though if you really ran 36 miles today that is pretty awesome too!!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Day 1: run 1 mile

Day 2: run 2 miles

Day 3: run 3 miles

Day 15: run 15 miles

how long can you keep THIS streak going?

Jill_B

I fly.

100 days today.

Oh and I caught the pace bunny again.  This time I'm leaving him in my dust and not falling behind again.

Smile

Bring it on.

As a newbie in the group, it only just now occurs to me that for me to move up the list, no matter how little or how far I run, someone else has to have their streak broken.  Sad

Bummer.

Anyway, congrats to all those celebrating milestones, that is so cool and inspiring to me!!!

I'm on Day 22 of my first streak ever!!

http://www.runningnotes.net

jeffdonahue

As a newbie in the group, it only just now occurs to me that for me to move up the list, no matter how little or how far I run, someone else has to have their streak broken.  Sad

Not necessarily true.  If you are talking about moving to the TOP of the list, then Yes someone has to end their streak.  However, if you are talking about getting away from teh BOTTOM, then we just need to get new members (and ones that are not coming in with streaks already in the 3-400s)

jeffdonahue

If I had to guess - 17 days.  Maybe I'll give it a go after my 5K in July.  It would be weird for the first 5 or so days running so few miles for so many days in a row though.

But think about how cool your graph would look if you could keep that up for 30 days.

I'm heading for 100 days.  Saturday was Grandma's and yesterday was the day after Grandma's.  I ran- mainly because of the streak, but also because I was in a neat place (Two Harbors, MN) and wanted to run.  Today I was NOT in a neat place (a Microtel hotel near MSP airport) but ran at 4:45am before my flight because of The Streak!  (actually, there was a nice path in a residential area within 1/3 mile of the hotel that I found).  It is hot as hell here in Nashville- feels like Duluth!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I think you mean 36 days, which is awesome!!   Though if you really ran 36 miles today that is pretty awesome too!!

Oops, 36 days!!  No chance of 36 miles any time in the next....decade!  Smile  Not if I want to keep the streak alive.

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                          jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

So after a week off, I've gotten clearance to do a short run tomorrow.  My new streak starts tomorrow!    It's only about 6 weeks to my first half, so I have to get moving again!
                            celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I'll reset the graph. Still down on injury. I did successfully walk on Saturday and Sunday about 5 mi per day on the foot, and I'm only minimally sore.

I'm starting back GENTLY tomorrow and hopefully I am mostly healed. I know soft tissue can take a long time, but I'm out of time, so I'll brace, ice and hope.

I'll do personals tomorrow-- BUSY day at the office and at least a few more hours before I can get home.

Chris
                              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Step back mileage-wise for me last week. Ran 30 miles, while a "normal" week for me is 35. Ran three miles of a six mile run at a nice effort, and also did a 5 X 1K workout.

I would be able to do the first 10 days without a problem. I would be able to recover and continue to run every day. I'd do short runs for a while though.

If I continued, I think I would have to take some time off to recover, and for me, it would be no fun at all. I think I might be able to get to 13?