A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/22/09 (Read 274 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I may try this in the mid-Summer sometime.
    Ojo

Last summer when I first tried streaking I did something like that.

M - 3

T - 4

W - 5

Th - 6

F - 7

S - 4

Su - at least 10

Given that it was summer and I had the kids it got tough getting in the higher mileage on weekdays.

Sara

MM #2929

A Saucy Wench

If I had the time and ran some of them slow enough I could probably do a ways on that streak.  I recover pretty well if I go slow.  But damn it would get hard by that 3rd week.  The problem I would have right now is by week 3 I would have to start at 3 am most days and 2 am on M & Th. 

Can you do doubles?  If I did doubles I think I could do maybe 3 weeks of that.  Maybe I'll try it when my littlest goes to school full time. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Congratulations to everyone with milestones! It's a good feeling to have your name up there.  Funny how little things please us isn't it.

I'm at 10 days again.  I ran Sat. about 8:30am and it was brutal. So hot & humid.  I got up at 6:30 Sunday & not a whole lot better.  This morning I ran at 5:00am, at least the sun wasn't beating down on me along with the heat & humidity.  These hot days I would probably not be running but I really want to keep my streak going.

Happy running!

A Saucy Wench

Congratulations to everyone with milestones! It's a good feeling to have your name up there.  Funny how little things please us isn't it.

I'm at 10 days again.  I ran Sat. about 8:30am and it was brutal. So hot & humid.  I got up at 6:30 Sunday & not a whole lot better.  This morning I ran at 5:00am, at least the sun wasn't beating down on me along with the heat & humidity.  These hot days I would probably not be running but I really want to keep my streak going.

Happy running!

It was 45 degrees and breezy when I ran this morning.  I wore long and long.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh, 45. That's cold! I'm sure it was good to  run in though.  Where do you live that's it's 45 in the summer?  Brrr. As you can see I'll complain about the heat but I moved to FL because I hate the cold! I'll take the heat. I don't think I could take the winters anymore.  I keep a heater under my desk at work & run it all day.

A Saucy Wench

Oh, 45. That's cold! I'm sure it was good to  run in though.  Where do you live that's it's 45 in the summer?  Brrr. As you can see I'll complain about the heat but I moved to FL because I hate the cold! I'll take the heat. I don't think I could take the winters anymore.  I keep a heater under my desk at work & run it all day.

I also ran really early.  I live in Oregon, except for a few weeks a year even if it is hot during the day it is cold at night.  Like tomorrow is supposed to be 80, but it will be about 49 when I run.   Sucks for heat conditioning though.  I DIE in even 70 degree weather.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It was 45 degrees and breezy when I ran this morning.  I wore long and long.

Go.

To.

Hell.

A Saucy Wench

Go.

To.

Hell.

I can't afford the plane ticket to Duluth

If I had to guess - 17 days.  Maybe I'll give it a go after my 5K in July.  It would be weird for the first 5 or so days running so few miles for so many days in a row though.

But think about how cool your graph would look if you could keep that up for 30 days.

For a while, I did it in 0.1 mile increments, just to prevent myself from going +5 miles every week until I got my legs back.

Oh, and the weather today for my lunch run...  80'F and sunny, which was 10 degrees cooler that my last afternoon run, but it was just after a nice rain, so about 100% humidity and no wind.  Blech.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I can't afford the plane ticket to Duluth

Heh.

That is why I drove.

Trent I think you should come BQ in the great northwest. Conditions are fantastic most of the time. Smile

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

mlybrand

My first check in !!!

Everything is going grand!  Completed day 335 today.  Exactly one more month to my year!!

I continue at a steady 6 miles every day, 42 miles a week, 180+ miles a month.  Who'd've ever thunk it.

Today, however, I thought I wouldn't make it.  My mile was never in danger, but around mile 4, the bran muffin I had a lunch was trying to stop me... it only ended up giving me my fastest time in a while!!  What a relief

Mark

Ennay-my daughter is moving to Oregon next week.  She is not going to be happy when I tell her 40's at night.  She's never lived anywhere but FL.  Her DH is from Oregon & he got laid off work here so their moving there for a while to be near his family with the grandson. 

Couldn't run this morning.  Thunder storm rolled through at 5:00AM.  Will have to run after work.  Hopefully it won't be some humid now that it finally rained. It will probably be like Strings said though now 100% humidity & it's not even raining!

A Saucy Wench

Ennay-my daughter is moving to Oregon next week.  She is not going to be happy when I tell her 40's at night.  She's never lived anywhere but FL.  Her DH is from Oregon & he got laid off work here so their moving there for a while to be near his family with the grandson. 

Couldn't run this morning.  Thunder storm rolled through at 5:00AM.  Will have to run after work.  Hopefully it won't be some humid now that it finally rained. It will probably be like Strings said though now 100% humidity & it's not even raining!

What part of Oregon?  The east is much hotter.