A Mile A Day

300 Days (Read 228 times)

Ojo

Just back from a glorious 6 miles to make it 300 days!  Feeling good with a few aches and pains but nothing to worry about.  Looking forward to making it a year! 

Sara

MM #2929

Jill_B

I fly.

GREAT JOB!!!!

Bring it on.

jeffdonahue

Just back from a glorious 6 miles to make it 300 days!  Feeling good with a few aches and pains but nothing to worry about.  Looking forward to making it a year! 

Wow, that is awesome!!!

It also just made me realize that I havent done the Weekly Checkin in a while.  Sorry I missed it this week with two great goals reached.  I'll try to be better about it in the Fall.

congrats Ojo.

Jeff

Way to go on the 300!  I'm nearing half a year.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Very inspiring.  Congratulations!

mlybrand

Woohooo!  Congrats...

wow, congrats!

Going to throw this out here, not that I'm taking aim at you directly.

Tougher or easier for the masters crowd to streak? (one big reason I keep going is it just seems to shake my legs out and they seemed to be worst taking a day off)

Get off my porch

Oldman-  I agree.  It doesn't seem to bother me to run a couple of miles on an "off" day and it actually might help my legs.  Nothing hurts (knock on wood) and until I get sick or something happens that I truly can't run, I'll keep it up.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

I am surprised at how good my legs feel most days.  There are a few bad ones but I don't know if it has to do running or me in general.  The streaking has kept me motivated and strong.  I also think that the (slower) easy pace that I run helps.  After the Ragnar Relay I now know I can run faster but I did pay for it.  Slow and steady seems to work for me!

MTA:  I also found that this last year I have gotten sick less -- maybe it has nothing to do with streaking but I like to think that it did.

Sara

MM #2929

Roses Revenge

Tougher or easier for the masters crowd to streak? (one big reason I keep going is it just seems to shake my legs out and they seemed to be worst taking a day off)

I'm thinking easier.  I started the streak with a marathon the first day and a short slow run the second day to loosen things up after sitting in the car for 4 hours coming back home.

I also would not be able to do what I'm doing if I wasn't sort of retired.  Since I only work part time, it's a lot easier to find some time during the day to go out.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!