A Mile A Day

1000 Days (Read 284 times)

jeffdonahue

Hi guys - sorry to disappoint but my run kind of sucked this morning.  I really had planned on doing something cool - maybe a nice trail run or something, and I deifnitely planned on more than the 4.8 miles that I did.  But I got the call last night at 11:00 that my grandmother had passed, and I really didnt get much sleep last night.  So I muddled through a run with really nothing motivating me to keep going.

My taper starts next week for the marathon, so I need to rework my training plan.  I think I still need one more good long run to give me some confidence, but other than that I am probably as prepared as I could be.  I put in a lot of miles over the past 3 months, and with only 3 weeks till the marathon I think there really isnt much more I can do at this point.

Thanks for watching me as I worked up to the 1000th day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ojo

Yay Jeff!  You got this!

Sara

MM #2929

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

The countdown begins - 10 days until my streak hits 1,000 days.

Holy crap! Unbelievable! Go Jeff, go!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST THE PROCESS

WOW 1000 days, that is some thing to talk about, keep it up, how far you taking it.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

jeffdonahue

WOW 1000 days, that is some thing to talk about, keep it up, how far you taking it.

No idea yet.  I have the 1,000 day mark coming up, then I am working towards my marathon in October.  After that I'll hang on till the end of year 3 and re-assess.  But my running has been good lately so I am right now thinking about getting to year 5 and re-assessing then.

When the running is going crappy I think about stopping, but when the running is going well it doesnt even cross my mind to stop the streak.

But my running has been good lately so I am right now thinking about getting to year 5 and re-assessing then.

I like this plan

Ryan

Ojo

Maybe you are just having some "phantom" pains as you head towards 1000 days!  Enjoy your trip to San Francisco!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Maybe you are just having some "phantom" pains as you head towards 1000 days!  Enjoy your trip to San Francisco!

Could be.... could also be my subconscious trying to give me an excuse if I dont make my BQ time next month.

Seanv2

Amazing Jeff, keep it up. I just restarted my streak (again) you making it to 1000 days is an inspiration.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

You ran Lombard Street? Dang, you aren't messing around as you near 1000! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Ojo

Sounds like you are having fun!  Can't wait to hear what you do on day 1000!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Sounds like you are having fun!  Can't wait to hear what you do on day 1000!

I'm having a blast - I love running in new cities, it's how I do all my site-seeing.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to run to the Pacific ocean - probably about 12-14 miles round trip.  If I wasnt afraid of chaffing from the salt water, I'd take a swim when I got there.  For my last day on Thursday I'll have to check with the concierge desk about something else that might be interesting to see (too bad I cant run to Alcatraz).

It was scheduled as a long run - 16 miles, but given my little snafoo yesterday and getting lost going to the Golden Gate Bridge, I think Saturday is a bit soon for another long run.  I'll be home by then so I'll have to find something cool to do for day 1000, maybe run somewhere I havent before, but given that I''m home that will be tougher.

Have to go find some souvenirs for the kids now before my next session.

Go out to Point Reyes, good trails and very pretty.

Ojo

What's planned for the big day!  Enjoy day 1000!

Sara

MM #2929