A Mile A Day

Virus (Read 23 times)

How is everyone holding up?  Crazy times right now...I feel like my daily run is the only normal or consistent thing in my life right now.

jeffdonahue

Hanging in there - getting in my run is definitely helping.

Cancelling my races is not helping.

Stay healthy everyone

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm getting my runs done, but it's harder to get motivated for the runs in crappy conditions. I've got a race in late April I've heard unofficial cancel of, but nothing official and one in late May I think will get cancelled too, but no word yet. I don't have much love for the long run in lousy conditions right now.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Intentionally Blank

I’m really enjoying the opportunity to get out of the house.

jeffdonahue

I’m really enjoying the opportunity to get out of the house.

Me too - been doing my runs early in the morning to avoid seeing really any people.

however, today is supposed to get close to 70 degrees so I am trying to wait for that temp to get here before i do todays run.  But every time I check weather.com they move the high temperature down and they move the time it is going to get here out further - now set to hit about 67 around 3-4:00 this afternoon.  Originally all this warmth was going to be here for a lunch time run.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Wow, that's warm. We are flirting with getting up to melting.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Ojo

Loving my morning runs especially since I get to sleep an hour longer and run further.  Since I am out of work . . . but getting paid . . . I am also walking/hiking in the afternoon.

Sara

MM #2929

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Awesome! Go Sara!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jeffdonahue

Loving my morning runs especially since I get to sleep an hour longer and run further.  Since I am out of work . . . but getting paid . . . I am also walking/hiking in the afternoon.

Sounds nice.  I am set to working from home, but I am just trying to keep some semblance of a routine in place.  So I still get up early enough to get my runs in before I log on at 8:00 (which is actually later than I used to get to the office).  But some days, depending on length of run, I am still getting up at 5:00 am or so.

Still working, but I do feel bad for all those people that have lost there jobs (even if just temporarily) and are not getting paid.  Luckily both my wife and I have the capabilities to continue working remotely.  Though a friend of ours owns a couple restaurants and had to lay off almost 250 employees - saw them the day before they had to do it and you could see the anguish in their faces.  Heartbreaking.

Ojo

It is awful!  Our communities are really suffering.

I am hopeful that I might be able to help at work somehow -- we have a Zoom meeting to see how paraeducators fit into the teaching equation.  I worry about all the students who relied on my one on one help.

Sara

MM #2929

I am working  from home and will be until at least April 26.  A lot of my work (lawyer for a  49 state retail company deemed essential) now has to do with the virus and it is a day and night thing.  I've never worked so hard in my life-  trying to keep our employees and customers safe while meeting the needs of the communities.  I'm grateful to have a job, and our company is taking good care of the employees on the front lines (store and distribution center workers).  It's all been rough.       I'm glad I have been cleared to run after 6 weeks off with a stress fracture.  I started back a little early  Smile  but I sure need that time for myself!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Ojo

Wow, Karen!  I know you have a huge jog.  So happy to hear that they are taking care of the employees.  Run safely . . . and don't get hurt!  xoxo

I am working  from home and will be until at least April 26.  A lot of my work (lawyer for a  49 state retail company deemed essential) now has to do with the virus and it is a day and night thing.  I've never worked so hard in my life-  trying to keep our employees and customers safe while meeting the needs of the communities.  I'm grateful to have a job, and our company is taking good care of the employees on the front lines (store and distribution center workers).  It's all been rough.       I'm glad I have been cleared to run after 6 weeks off with a stress fracture.  I started back a little early  Smile  but I sure need that time for myself!

Sara

MM #2929

Thanks, Ojo.  We’ve set up a $1.5M community fund to help rural communities with virus related issues, and an additional $500K to our employee assistance fund.  Raises for all the store and distribution center employees during all this.  Extra cleaning and safety resources.  On and on.   We have great people.   Glad I have running to keep me a little sane!    And Zoom happy hours!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Intentionally Blank

Excellent work, Karen. We’re working quite a bit at the public defenders office, too. Trying to get as many nonviolent detainees released as possible. I only have to physically go in once or twice a week. And my spouse is doing the the drive by testing. My nerves would be unmanageable if it weren’t for my daily runs and my weekend runs with my spouse.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Been feeling unmotivated about running for a good three weeks, because I miss group runs, and get tired of running my own neighborhood all the time.

On the plus side, i did the Quarantine Backyard a couple weeks ago, and *really* enjoyed that. Several of the runners in our local club did it as well, so we had a facebook thread to encourage and/or heckle each other throughout the day. By evening we'd all stopped, except one guy's son went through the night and got 100 in for the first time in his life; and they mention him on a couple of the videos about the event.

Our local running club is doing a scavenger hunt this week; every day they announce two things you're supposed to shoot (photo) on your run.

Monday was animals, and I got about 8 goats, one cat, various birds, a great squirrel shot, and then it took me until I'd covered 12 miles to find someone walking a dog--I thought I'd knock off dogs right at the start, but it was overcast and nobody was out walking.

But tomorrow is sunrise/sunset and stars, and I'm not excited about those, and will probably skip them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.