A Mile A Day

9 days and still going strong! (Read 100 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

My new record: 9 days of running in a row and no injuries! Still going strong! I'm so proud! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Excellent! How do you feel so far? Have you had any problems getting runs in on a daily basis? Planning ahead is the key!
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Feelin pretty good. I should have said "no new injuries" because I'm in the process of doing PT for some trochanteric bursitis. Undecided No worries, though, I have her blessing for this undertaking. Planning's definitely the big thing here. I'm still having some minor arguments with myself on a daily basis about whether or not I'm running, so it's not a habit yet. Got my run in this morning before school. (Started back up today!) That makes day 10!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing myself. Last time I got up to 11 and got hung up with a few issues, missing a day. Today I finished day 13 of a streak and am still feeling good! My PT had me switch over to run/walking until my hip strength gets better, and I've been doing that for 5 days now. I thought about not counting it because it wasn't straight running... but then I thought... "No, I'm running! And I'm still making an effort to do it every day! This counts! Plus, run/walking is actually faster for me than just running, lol!" Big grin

Running around the ship

Excellent! Keep it up...it'll be a habit soon!
            jeffdonahue

Congrats and yes, you are definitely still running - just look at Galloway and his program which includes a lot of walking. good job, keep it up.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Yep! Feeling good! Other runner friends say streaking's a bad idea because it doesn't give the body a chance to rest. However...it's working for me. Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

Wingz - with streaking you will DEFINITELY learn the art of recovery running! Sounds like you are doing great and that is good to hear!! Keep up the great work!