A Mile A Day

Welcome new members (Read 1280 times)

jeffdonahue

Welcome to Roger Ban - new member today!!

jeffdonahue

Welcome to AnxiousHippo - and BTW - love the name Big grin

jeffdonahue

Welcoming a new member - Riggs - today, who already has a nice start at 20 days strong.

Today I accomplished my first milestone.

Two years ago, i´ve started a running streak that held a couple of weeks (without any kind of compromise) 50 days ago I decided to do another one, by this time I really got serious about it and joined this group in order to keep going...

I´m really excicited about this "kind" of running and post this just to share my first impressions on it.

-  I´ve run at least 5km (aprox. 3 miles) a day, but in future I´ll probably use the mile law, in order to rest for a major run.

-  There were really tough days full of fatigue, rainning and sometimes I´ve run after a 4 hours bike ride (this really hurts).

- The fact I like most is the consistency of trainning.

- Since its beginning I´ve lost 3 kg ( 6 pound) hope to shave another 3kg in the next month.

Tks for creating such a cool group, and congratulations for all Streakes!

Roger Ban , from Brazil.

Welcome to Roger Ban - new member today!!

Tks for the support Jeff and others streakers.

Today I accomplished 50, and counting!

jeffdonahue

Woohoo - new members today!!  Welcome to DaisiMae25 and Kerry1976.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Thanks, glad to be here!  Smile

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I was here once before, racking up a 35 day streak. Glad to be back and wanting to really make a good run at this (no pun intended but sure works, doesn't it?).

TRUST THE PROCESS

malr

Hey everyone! I've been streaking for a bit (today will be day 112). Before I started my streak I was very inconsistent with my running and I've found that if I have to run every day I actually will run. My streak is a baby compared to some of yours but I'm very proud that my body has been able to hold up with no injures and only minor aches and pains. I'm happy I found this group and it will be exciting to see how long we'll be able to keep this up.

keeponrunning

Hi!  I've been logging on RA for 2.5 years now, and running distance for 3 years, but I'm new to this forum.  I've been running 5 days a week lately, and I'm hoping to start a streak...key word is hoping.  I've been battling patella femoral syndrome for about a year but it seems to have gone away, and hopefully it will stay away.  If I can't make it a running streak, I vow to make it at least a fast walk/run/bike streak.  Smile 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

keeponrunning

And it looks like my first challenge will be tomorrow:  snowsqualls with 40km/hr winds...oh boy!!  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Ojo

And it looks like my first challenge will be tomorrow:  snowsqualls with 40km/hr winds...oh boy!!  

You can do it . . .and you will probably love it in the end!  I run all my runs outside no matter what the weather.  Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

JDehlinger

Hi all, 

I'm new here. I've been doing a minimum of 5km everyday every since my birthday, 10/4/2011. 94 days and counting....

I'm...back, actually.  I had gotten a streak going leading up to my first marathon, then decided I wouldn't let myself rest if I stayed committed to it.

Now that I have more of a base and experience as a runner (and am 70 days into a streak), I'm rejoining for good this time.

*Waves*

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

jeffdonahue

Welcome to Jdehlinger and also to Rgilbert - both off to a good start already.

It seems our last couple of new members already have decent streaks going, so anyone that is reading this I just want to let them know that you dont have to be at 70 or 94 or even 5 days on your streak to join the group.  Maybe we can help keep you going if you struggle in the early days.

The later days I think actually get a bit easier once you have more time invested in the streak already.  I know for me, that once I hit 100 days it was going to take a lot to make me stop (and right around that time I ran a few days through a really bad bout of the flu).

So welcome to our new members, and any lurkers - come on in!!!!