A Mile A Day

Welcome new members (Read 1280 times)

malr

Last week I had some pain in my ankle but I had already invested 120+ days in my streak that I took it easy for a few days and was back running my regular miles again. I know if I didn't have my streak doing I doubt I would have started running again so soon after the initial pain. The streak is the best thing that's ever happened to me as for the first time in my life I'm exercising consistently and feeling really good doing it. Love this group!

Ojo

The streak is the best thing that's ever happened to me as for the first time in my life I'm exercising consistently and feeling really good doing it. Love this group!

Love this!  Glad you were able to keep it going!

Sara

MM #2929

jeffdonahue

Welcome to Carl A. and OX (who already has a hell of a streak going).

jpdeaux

Welcome to Carl A. and OX (who already has a hell of a streak going).

Formerly jpdeaux.

Sorry. I keep forgetting I changed that. It's a long story not worth repeating. Should probably change it back.

I bailed on all my groups a while back, but am slowly returning. Now my knee is hurt and I'm eking out a few one mile days as rest. But holding steady 52 days behind AP.

And, yes, welcome Carl A.!

jeffdonahue

Well, that makes sense.  I was just about to put up a post that if there was anyone that lurked out there that they should just come in and join and not wait till they have a long streak already going.

Carl A

join and not wait till they have a long streak already going

Jeff, this is great to know!

Thanks for the welcome, Jeff and Ox.

I too have been a group-bailer; when things are going bad I find that I cocoon myself until they're better. Obviously, the solution is to not let things go bad. Which they actually aren't right now.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Hello, I am a runner of  2 years, always planning bigger, better, longer things with running.  I want to start up a streak, my current one is about 3 weeks long but I plan to roll through all of 2013 with at least a 2 mile run every day. (Some of them much longer of course).

I expect that in the coming months I will be able to move up the charts on the streak (Although you guys are way, way ahead of me!)

-  Kris

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

HI all, I have been running for about 4 1/2 years and some days I feel like I am brand new at it.  I have never really done a streak until the Holiday Streak and so far so good.  I do run a lot more when I am training for a half in March but then I seem to back off and just fall off running a few times a week.   So far the streak as been great for me.  I feel stronger and more energetic most days.  Of course I have a lot of catching up to do with the rest of you .  I am a middle of the packer but am good with that.  Doing it for me... Hope to see you all around and hopefully I won't be bailing.Smile

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Welcome tothis  board place streaking can be adictive, the longer you do it the more you want to see the days add up Smile I am on my third streak now and coming up to 1 year.

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

C-R

New here. Currently on 70 days with long of 94.

I'm a hobby jogger at best.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jeffdonahue

Well, if you're a hobby jogger, what does that make me - by your log it looks like you're faster than me at all race distances.

Welcome to the group - 70 days is a nice start.

A Saucy Wench

Uh-oh, there goes the neighborhood

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

C-R

Uh-oh, there goes the neighborhood

Bwaahahahahahaha

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Jeremy here. I took a couple years off from running and figured a good way to get back into the habit would be with a streak. 25 days today and having fun. My kids have joined me for a few runs which makes it even better. I'm nowhere near the mileage a lot of you are doing, but the name of the group is mile-a-day, so I figure it's all right.

Jeremy

Hi. Dan here. Marked 5 years today - not calendrical, cuz I added the two leap days. I also procrastinate, hence not joining before and still haven't joined runeveryday.com - yet.