A Mile A Day

Welcome new members (Read 1280 times)

Beware, batbear...

Hey there - I started my streak just before the new year and am at 20 days.  My longest streak before is 23 days.  I'm hoping to just see where it takes me.  Peace.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

jeffdonahue

Welcome to the group - 20 days is a great start.

I always try to remember - it's only a mile.  So even on those days when you say "I cant run today"  "I dont have time" just remember it's probably only 10 or so minutes, and you'll realize you can probably fit it in.

Seanv2

Hey there - I started my streak just before the new year and am at 20 days.  My longest streak before is 23 days.  I'm hoping to just see where it takes me.  Peace.

Welcome! I restarted my streak for the tenth time right around the time you did (I'm at 32 days). I'm already injured, but am trying to run through it... As Jeff said, it is only a mile, even if I am hobbling through it.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I finally decided to join this group today, after hitting 73 days. It started as a way to hit my 1500 miles for the year and I just decided not to stop. Running every day just feels like it's something I have to do now.  I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can make it. Big grin

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

jeffdonahue

Welcome to the group.  You're off to a nice start.

Ojo

I finally decided to join this group today, after hitting 73 days. It started as a way to hit my 1500 miles for the year and I just decided not to stop. Running every day just feels like it's something I have to do now.  I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can make it. Big grin

Yay Heather!  Welcome to the group!

Sara

MM #2929

MrH

I'm at 313 days, 1860 miles.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Hi all - Saw this group mentioned over in the General Forum - hope you all don't mind if I join you.  Been trying to push myself to get out there every day, although I'll admit the motivation isn't always there.  I'm hoping being around a few more like-minded individuals will encourage me (or shame me Wink ) into getting out there daily. 

So, here we go - today will be day 2 of my streak...

Seanv2

Hi all - Saw this group mentioned over in the General Forum - hope you all don't mind if I join you.  Been trying to push myself to get out there every day, although I'll admit the motivation isn't always there.  I'm hoping being around a few more like-minded individuals will encourage me (or shame me Wink ) into getting out there daily. 

So, here we go - today will be day 2 of my streak...

Welcome!

I restarted my streak for the 10th time yesterday, lets see how long we make it.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

jeffdonahue

Just noticed we got a new member this morning - tmzimmerman, who is coming to our little group with a nice little 96 day streak already in the bank.

unlikelyrunner

^^^ Guilty as charged. I found the group but was going to wait until Day 100 to say hello. Since Day 100 was yesterday, here I am. Smile

My wife and I are actually doing this together and we both started on January 1, 2011. I'm easing back into running after doing a marathon in 2009 but then not actually running much at all until the end of 2010. I haven't really upped the mileage yet this year, but I've managed to do at least a mile every day so far. Thanks for noticing. 

My streak just hit 26 days, so I figured it might be good to say hello to everyone!  I find I feel better when I get in an easy mile or two as opposed to taking a day off, so, here I am!

There's some SERIOUSLY inspirational people in this group. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

jeffdonahue

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the group.  We have a great bunch of people here who all feel that same way - feel better getting in the mile instead of nothing on any given day.  Off to a good start - almost at a month already. 

Jeff

old-runner

I just hit 100 days today so I thought I'd say hi. I'm a 59-year-old who's been running 3 years as of last week and just ran my 145th race today. No injuries to speak of except a sore knee for a while last year when I was training for the NYC Marathon. I'm not planning on running anymore marathons at all. I do run quite a lot of half marathons though... I think it was #26 that I ran this morning.

I started my streak 100 days ago when I rejoined Weight Watchers. The more you run the more you get to eat so I thought running everyday might be a good idea. 

jeffdonahue

Welcome to the group - wow - 145 races in 3 years, that's impressive.  That's like a race a week.  Nice start to your running streak too.

Jeff