A Mile A Day

New Chart Help (Read 132 times)

jeffdonahue

So I am trying out a new chart. It is in Excel using Google Documents. It will just be much easier for me to update than the current manual chart. But I am trying to figure out how to get it to update on its own every time someone opens it. I have a formula in there that calculates the # of days in the streak and I was under the impression that it would update the formulas at least daily (I thought I read every 2 minutes somewehre) but when I logged in this morning it still had the totals from yesterday. When I went into the document on Gooogle docs it updated and is now fine but I dont want to have to go intot he document every day to update it. Does anyone know anything about Google documents and how to get it to update on its own every day?

Oh Mighty Wing

here this is! I went to find this last night to show DH but couldn't remember where it was! I will ask him if he knows when he gets home!
        Quick question on the google docs thing...can any of us update ours? Congrats on your new 5k PR!

Oh Mighty Wing

ok so Dh is thinking that you can't do it in Google Doc's because it doesn't have the functionality of Excel.
          jeffdonahue

Quick question on the google docs thing...can any of us update ours? Congrats on your new 5k PR!
            Give it a try. I put a new link on the front page that should open it up for editing - there is still a link to the graph I did at the bottom this time though. I would actually be interested to see if you guys can edit it because that would make things easier as well. I have it set up to email me whenever a change is made to the file.
              I can't edit the file.
              jeffdonahue

Which link did you use? It is under the link that says - "Time for another try" on the home page.
                jeffdonahue

Never mind, I just tried it after logging out of google and I could only view it. Let me check into it because I am pretty sure there is a way for me to share it so everyone can make their own changes. I think Bonkin did this on a spreadsheet in another forum for his little running/drinking challenge they are donig this week.
                  jeffdonahue

Okay, someone else give it a try now. You should be able to edit it. I just logged out of google and tried to get in and I got in okay.

Oh Mighty Wing

Works! I could edit it.
                        Drinking/Running challenge? details please...Smile We have a pub crawl coming up where we cover roughly 6-7 miles stopping at 9 different bars.
                        jeffdonahue

Somebody on another post on this site somewhere has a team challenge going on for one week. I'm not sure on all the details but I think you get one point for every mile you run and one point for every drink you have during the week. I just checked - should have known it was in the swamp. Here is a link - the first 3 posts relate to the challenge http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum

Oh Mighty Wing

oh yeah.. it's in the Swamp (2000 miles of new world order). They drink and run as much as they can for a week. It started Monday and ends Sunday. The minimum you hope for is 75 of each. It's a team competition of drunken anarchy.

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm confused - do we have to update our "today's date" column ourselves?
                              jeffdonahue

I'm confused - do we have to update our "today's date" column ourselves?
                                No. it is a formula that automatically puts in todays current date. I think that rick didnt realize that and just put yesterday in hard-coded. I made the change so it is a formula for him now as well.