A Mile A Day

Crazy? (Read 174 times)

So here I am at 142 days feeling good about my little streak. Then I open the newest issue of Runner's World and there on page 77 is a man who puts me to shame. 16,297 days. Streak started in December of 1964. Pretty impressive! Or crazy?

A Saucy Wench

If its the guy I am thinking of he continued the streak with a broken leg.  Which to me is in the crazy category.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

Hmmm... crazy - guess that is a matter of opinion.  I would guess that mentally it would be pretty hard to NOT go for a run and break the streak once you have put 40+ years into it.

Not sure I'll ever get that far - right now I am just focusing on my two year mark (only 88 days to go).

jeffdonahue

If its the guy I am thinking of he continued the streak with a broken leg.  Which to me is in the crazy category.

I think that was Mark Covert who is on the runeverday.com website, but I think his streak "only" started in 1968.  He said he had run on days of and days after surgeries, with broken legs, etc...  The worst I've run through is the flu, and this freaking Plantar Fasciitis.  I do honestly think that if I broke my leg and had a cast on it, I would end my streak and let it heal.

Top 'O the World!

hmmm, yeah, definitely crazy!   I've bailed on a broken toe! flu, lack o sleep/hungover.....oh, well, I guess I'm just plain wimpy
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

Hmmm... crazy - guess that is a matter of opinion.  I would guess that mentally it would be pretty hard to NOT go for a run and break the streak once you have put 40+ years into it.

I see that.  I had the flu right before 100 days and was determined to make it so I ran.  Right now I skip for a bad nights sleep.  (yeah, I gotta reset again)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

mlybrand

God how I hate running with a hangover.  I would try to run with a broken leg, but we have already established that I am an idiot Smile