A Mile A Day

Treadmill running (Read 98 times)

Someone had posted a question on treadmill running on another thread, so I thought I'd just start a new one. For me, I don't use the treadmill much during the cooler months, but I was it quite a bit more in the summer months. I have a difficult time with the heat and humidty here in Houston, so the quality of my road runs does down a bit. I'll use the treadmill to get my longer runs in during the hot months.
    jeffdonahue

I almost never use it from around March through October. I like to run outside but will hop on it if the snow is so bad that the streets get too narrow. At that point I dont trust the cars enough to be able to swerver around me. In the heat - LOVE THE HEAT - I just make sure I am well hydrated on my wayout the door and keep a couple bucks in my shorts in case I need to stop to buy some water or gatorade. I have been known to do up to 12 miles on the treadmill in the middle of the winter though.
      Pammie

I rarely use the treadmill as well Only times i've used it is if conditions outside may prevent me from running, if the paths are icy for instance or its extremely hot. Though in recent years i've become accustomed to the hotter weather, but then what is hot, depends where you live. In the Uk we don't get the extreme hot weather though at times others may say it is but its because they are not used to it The only other time i use it is for speed sessions if i can't make it to the track, it was handy last year to head to the gym to do my 5 x 1km reps
          The streak will be tough for me. I don't have a treadmill, I'm not getting one and I'm not joining a health club.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Pammie

backstretch do you live somewhere where its very hot or very cold if not i doubt you'd need a treadmill. otherwise just take it day by day
              backstretch do you live somewhere where its very hot or very cold if not i doubt you'd need a treadmill. otherwise just take it day by day
              I live in Toronto. I ran all last winter, not everyday though. Last winter was one of the worst ever for snowfall just 3 inches short of the alltime record. The coldest day I went out on was -22C. It was memorable for a very good reason, I had to use my gloves to warm something other than my hands Blush. When the weather gets cold I will always run with wind proof pants from now on.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

The treadmill also helps me get runs in between work and school since the gym is right around the corner. All in all I prefer running outside and find treadmill and track running boring. I never ran on a treadmill until about a year ago when I had a calf injury.