A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 07/12/09 (Read 245 times)

Top 'O the World!

**sticking my sleepy hand up in the air*** I ran (real slow) today too....
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Decent week for me, although when I went to do my long run on Sunday my legs just didn't have it in them.  I expect to pick it back up this week...trying to increase my mileage slightly. 

I'm just about at 30 days with my minimum of two miles a day and I see my daily average creeping back up to 3 miles a day. 

Congrats on all milestones!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Shin still hurts.  Alas.
        mlybrand

In the home stretch.  9 more days to the year mark.
            In the home stretch.  9 more days to the year mark.

Came in here happy that I hit 2 months tomorrow, leaving humbled but impressed. 

Jenny
            mlybrand

All milestones are milestones to be proud of.  Remember I went through the 2 month mark as well.  Congrats!!
                I am on vacation this week also. I have been running easy all week. I have decided to stop streaking when I get to 500 days. Not because I think I will need or want to, it is just a nice number, and it is time. Good running all.
                  I was on vacation on a tropical island for the last week, which was great for vacation but not so much for running.  I ran every day (gotta keep the streak....) but it was SO hard.  The hills are straight up and down, the road surface is terrible and some is rocky trails (I am not all that sure-footed) and then there's the heat and humidity.  Even early in the morning it was tough.  The preferred activities are floating in the Caribbean or snorkeling! (did that, too).  But- I did it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jeffdonahue

Just got back from vacation - Story Land and Santa's Village.  The kids had a blast, and the weather was perfect.

Three days and I only got one good run in.  Monday I just did a mile around 10:30PM because of all the travelling.  Tuesday morning I did get up and do a nice 9 miler through North Conway, NH - scenery was very pretty.  Then yesterday I was just too tired to get up after having been at the park all day so I just did a mile, then we hopped in the car to drive to Santa's Village for day two.

This morning was an easy 5 miles, might try for another 5 at lunch because right now I am kind of demotivated.

On an up-note a woman at the gym made my day today.  We were chatting during my cool-down and I told her we had just gotten back from SToryland and she said I didnt look old enough to have kids.  Made me feel good because I have been feeling kind of old lately.  

Next week we are off to Hershey, Pennsylvania for our next summer trip.  I am kind of dreading the 8 hour drive though.

Have a good week.

Jeff

Roses Revenge

I just hit a 40 day milestone and am finding that this streak is definitely helping me improve my times.

My distances have ranged from a marathon (first day) to just a bit over 1 mile - right after the marathon.  Most average distance is a smidge less than 1.5 miles as that's an easy out the door loop from home that includes about a 100 foot elevation change up and down. 

It seems like I'm knocking minutes off my times on a couple of my usual routes and that I'm running more on my run/walk segments and I'm actually running rather than jogging those.

Thanks to whoever it was that pointed me this direction.  I'm not sure how long this will last, but I like it!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

A Saucy Wench

Just got back from vacation - Story Land and Santa's Village.  The kids had a blast, and the weather was perfect.

Three days and I only got one good run in.  Monday I just did a mile around 10:30PM because of all the travelling.  Tuesday morning I did get up and do a nice 9 miler through North Conway, NH - scenery was very pretty.  Then yesterday I was just too tired to get up after having been at the park all day so I just did a mile, then we hopped in the car to drive to Santa's Village for day two.

This morning was an easy 5 miles, might try for another 5 at lunch because right now I am kind of demotivated.

On an up-note a woman at the gym made my day today.  We were chatting during my cool-down and I told her we had just gotten back from SToryland and she said I didnt look old enough to have kids.  Made me feel good because I have been feeling kind of old lately.  

Next week we are off to Hershey, Pennsylvania for our next summer trip.  I am kind of dreading the 8 hour drive though.

Have a good week.

Jeff

Oh I miss Hershey.  I grew up 45 minutes from there so Hershey park was a frequent outing.  That's where we went on senior bag day.    Too bad the factory isnt as generous as it was when I was a kid.  We used to get significant amounts of free chocolate when we toured.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Trent - glad to hear you at least are doing some runs again. 

Congrats to all of your on your milestones.  This has become a busy group. 

Last week was a great week for me with 24.6 miles.  I'm not running quite as much as I would like to this week, but my brother is in town and has been running with me - something he doesn't normally do - so I've slowed down and cut the runs a bit short.  Having a chance to spend some time together and talk is really more important to me than just clicking off my training program.  And, I'm just going to go try and enjoy my first half - I'm certainly not setting any records. 

Last week was a great week for me with 24.6 miles.  I'm not running quite as much as I would like to this week, but my brother is in town and has been running with me - something he doesn't normally do - so I've slowed down and cut the runs a bit short.  Having a chance to spend some time together and talk is really more important to me than just clicking off my training program.

That's great you are taking the chance to run with a sibbling.  My two brothers and I can't get enough opportunities to run together but I think our wives have come to expect that when we do get together we will disappear for a while .

A Saucy Wench

sigh....another mile keep the streak going kinda day.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hang in there Ennay, it is a race, not a sprint.