A Mile A Day

Hey New Gals!! (Read 121 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

How's it goin?? (sorry if I missed any new guys please update us also!)
      so far so good! I made it a whole 9 days. Today will be 10 Smile Thats the most consecutive days I have run to date. Pretty cool.

Oh Mighty Wing

so far so good! I made it a whole 9 days. Today will be 10 Smile Thats the most consecutive days I have run to date. Pretty cool.
        Great job!!!
        JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Ah.....not so good, I went for two days and then didn't run yesterday. I will start again today. The guilt was/is overwhelming. Yikes! Are all going to throw me out? Jilly
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Oh Mighty Wing

Ah.....not so good, I went for two days and then didn't run yesterday. I will start again today. The guilt was/is overwhelming. Yikes! Are all going to throw me out? Jilly
            Heck no we aren't going to throw you out! As long as you are overwhelmed with guilt you have the bug!
            jeffdonahue

Nice job new people!!!! Jilly, you'll get it. Just keep trying - life can definitely try to get in the way sometimes. I can't count the number of runs I've had to do at 11:00 at night because life was too busy or I forgot. And it does get easier the longer you go. I have read that it takes 21 days to form a routine, but start with shooting for 5 days. as the numbers climb you'll become an inspiration to yourself. Jeff
              JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Nice job new people!!!! Jilly, you'll get it. Just keep trying - life can definitely try to get in the way sometimes. I can't count the number of runs I've had to do at 11:00 at night because life was too busy or I forgot. And it does get easier the longer you go. I have read that it takes 21 days to form a routine, but start with shooting for 5 days. as the numbers climb you'll become an inspiration to yourself. Jeff
                I almost did that last night! However, DH might have thought I was crazy! Three days in...and running in the middle of the night....

Oh Mighty Wing

You know what - DH and I went to the beach a month ago and we came home at 10:30 at night. I realized I hadn't run so with Thunder rumbling I stuck on shoes and ran a mile! I was definately running in a sun dress in a storm at 10:30pm. (no lightening - i'm not THAT crazy) And when we were camping I really wasn't feeling well and DH says : hun it's just 1 mile then you can be done - go head you will feel better! So maybe your DH will turn out to be supportive of your craziness too!
                    yeah i haven't even told DH yet just because I dont want him to think im crazy.. well crazier than he already thinks Shy. I sneak in my one mile run in the morning when I take my dog out, then any extra I do at night. Ill tell him eventually when I can show him how far Ive come along. Jillybeans sounds like a good thing that you felt guilty, hopefully itll help you stay motivated! ShanHas thanks again for sharing this with us and for your motivation Big grin
                    JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

yeah i haven't even told DH yet just because I dont want him to think im crazy.. well crazier than he already thinks Shy. I sneak in my one mile run in the morning when I take my dog out, then any extra I do at night. Ill tell him eventually when I can show him how far Ive come along. Jillybeans sounds like a good thing that you felt guilty, hopefully itll help you stay motivated! ShanHas thanks again for sharing this with us and for your motivation Big grin
                      I haven't told DH either. That's why he'd have thought that I was crazy for hopping out of bed to get on the tread....I figure that I'll bring the news when I hit a landmark. Actually, we're floating down a river on a canoe for three days, so I guess he might figure it out then.....hah!
                        Welcome to the group! Glad to see there are mroe crazies out there like us. This group is great motivation. Planning is the key to keeping your streak alive. Make running like a meal...you know you're going to eat lunch everyday...making running just like that. Sometimes you have to plan in advance, but I never remember a time where I regretted getting my run n for the day.
                        Pammie

Welcome Jilly don't despair i've had to start a few times but each one gets easier to manage. You will get there