A Mile A Day

love/hate relationship (Read 79 times)

I HATE getting up early in the morning to run. I tend to stay up later than I should, and my schedule keeps me going until about 11 PM on most nights so it is hard to get up in the morning to run. Its much easier to hit that snooze button a few times until the sun starts coming up. On the flip side, I LOVE having my daily run out of the way before I even get to work. Most of my runs are done at night, so it is an even better feeling once I get home from class to know I don't have to worry about getting that run in. Now that the fall semester has hit I am trying to alter my schedule to get in at least three runs a week where I run before work. I am also going to try and work in about 2 runs a week where I go to the gym and hit the treadmill during lunch. My gym is about a quarter of a mile from where I work. Hurricane Ike may be coming to my area this weekend, that could alter my Saturday morning long run. I may have to relocate that one to the gym treadmill. Damn you Ike! I hope everyone is doing well in their running. I'm looking forwward to some cool weather eventually. I tend to run better in the cooler weather.
    jeffdonahue

I am in the same boat - could really use more sleep (especially with all the new shows that are going to start for the Fall) but love having it done in the morning. I am actually switching my runs soon I think. My wife is going to start working more and on days she works she leaves at 6:00 in the morning so I am either going to have to get up at 4:30 to run or start doing them at night. UGH
        September 26 I entered a race that is called "Rise 'N Shine 5K." The scheduled start is 6:32 AM. It is one of those races that I have always wanted to do, but haven't. Your post describes how I am feeling about that race. I hope Ike doesn't do much damage. Good running all.
        jeffdonahue

September 26 I entered a race that is called "Rise 'N Shine 5K." The scheduled start is 6:32 AM. It is one of those races that I have always wanted to do, but haven't. Your post describes how I am feeling about that race. I hope Ike doesn't do much damage. Good running all.
          I would love a race that started at 6:30 AM - since that is when I usually run anyway.
            I'm pretty sure it will be the earliest I have run - that I can remember anyway.
              This hurricane is seriously going to affect my running plans this weekend. Its already raining and the gyms are all closed down.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

How is it down there in TX now? Are the roads bad?

Roads were made for journeys...