A Mile A Day

Funny quotes at the 40th MCM (Read 22 times)

HopkntnHereICome

The weather was perfect and the marines had put together a fantastic event#runwiththemarines. There were 30k marathoners from 58 different countries with ages ranging from 14 through 82.
    Spectators were just fantast
    ic.
    Some of them showed signs at various posts throughout  the course I am recapping the funnier ones.

1. Trump can run, so can you.
    2. You are running better than the government.
    3. You are running better than the metro rail.
    4. Way to go, random stranger.
    5. Smile if you peed.
    6. I am glad you are running 26.2 miles and not 26.3 miles as that would have been really crazy.

The only way out is through- R. Frost I have miles to go before I sleep - R. Frost

Ojo

Congratulations to you!

Sara

MM #2929

HopkntnHereICome

Thank you very much.

The only way out is through- R. Frost I have miles to go before I sleep - R. Frost

jeffdonahue

Thought of this post this weekend when we were running the Falmouth Road Race.  A few shirts I saw:

(On Back)  If you're reading this, then you didn't train either.

(On Back)  I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you.

A sign I saw:

Remember, you paid to do this.

HopkntnHereICome

HopkntnHereICome

All good things have to come to an end. I always wondered how long my streak would last anyways. For days I thought it would go on until I surrendered to emotions when a dear one left us. I honestly was consumed by emotions plus the overseas travel and the mourning ended my streak.

I am so happy and respectful of my streak and so many other streaks in this forum. I never took mine for granted!

jeffdonahue

Sorry to hear about your loss.  As far as your streak goes, three years is truly impressive.  Congratulations on that and best of luck in the future.

Jeff

HopkntnHereICome

Thank you Jeff. I look up to this group for motivation.