A Mile A Day

Hurricane Ike (Read 165 times)

Lunch won't happen today, but I will get off work a little early and knock out a run. My plans changed today/tonight that made lunch a little harder to do.
    jeffdonahue

haha I like it! Mine's "Don't eat the paste" I think before my next race i'm gonna put it on a shirt!
      What a great article!! I wish I had read it before my Ironman 3 years ago - though I think that for the most part I didnt eat much paste. I definitely ate some on the bike, but when I realized I was eating it I think I caught myself a few times and spit it out.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

I loved the article too! I've not seen that site before. Looks to have a bunch of interesting stuff on it... Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Oh Mighty Wing

isn't it great!! Even though I don't bike or swim the part about the past is soo true!! People talk about going faster so I want to go faster, people talk about running more so I want to run more... Where I am really good about not eating the paste is the start of races - I am always getting passed by people in the beginning and I just stay at my nice even pace - my issue is that I rarely pick it up after that! LOL Jug - I'll be checking back in tonight to see about that run Mr.!! Man my fitness sure did decrease in 1.5 months! LOL

Oh Mighty Wing

Checkin in - how you doin??
              Doing good...getting in some shorter runs before the ten miler tomorrow morning. How are you doing?

Oh Mighty Wing

doing well! feelin good. Might go pick up a stick - I have really tight quads - thought maybe rolling them out might help.
                jeffdonahue

doing well! feelin good. Might go pick up a stick - I have really tight quads - thought maybe rolling them out might help.
                  You could also try a foam roller if you have one, or if not, see if you have a one inch dowel and roll your quads with that (or even a piece of PVC pipe)

Oh Mighty Wing

You could also try a foam roller if you have one, or if not, see if you have a one inch dowel and roll your quads with that (or even a piece of PVC pipe)
                    thank you! I was hoping someone would offer suggestions haha!!

Oh Mighty Wing

How did the race go???
                        It was a little warmer than I would have liked, but it was OK. I made the mistake of going out the night before and didn't get home until 1 AM. I won't do that again before these longer races. How is your running going? We are quickly approaching the double digits here! Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

we did it!!! long nights before long races makes it tough but you persevered and that's what's important! running is going well although this weeks goal was to have all 2+ mile days but that's not happening! oh well at least i'm out there!!!
                          jeffdonahue

Nice job Shannon - almost at the two week mark! Jugdish, not sure if you stopped or just havent logged the last couple days - hang in there.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Jeff!! Jug - I hope everthing is going well!!!