A Mile A Day

To my pal Ennay (re - our little competition) (Read 273 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

oh go eat your oreo poptart bagels and leave me alone

Mmm... oreo poptart bagels. I would so eat those.

Seriously--hope you start feeling better and the runs are less craptastic.

And yes, I know how that last sentence can be taken. I don't care.

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

A Saucy Wench

I had several craptascular runs in a row.  Last night I had some beer.  Today's run was fabumongo!!

Well I am going to a brew pub for lunch today, maybe I'll try a double

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

Well I am going to a brew pub for lunch today, maybe I'll try a double

Ahhhh,.... something to relax the muscles is always nice.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ahhhh,.... something to relax the muscles is always nice.

Seven and seven does it for me!  In fact, I think I'll go make myself one right now.  I deserve it, after spending a day with DD's 5th grade class at the Maine State House.  I'm not sure what was more annoying, the kids or the legislators.  The Maine legislature is the same size as Texas'.  WTF?  187 people are needed to govern a state with a population of 1.3 million?

Grr.  Sorry.  I'll go drink now.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had several craptascular runs in a row.  Last night I had some beer.  Today's run was fabumongo!!

It's the fiber in the beer; fiber is the cure for the runs.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

jeffdonahue

I had a pretty craptastic run this morning myself.  I overslept and didnt wake up till 6:30 so my planned 7-8 miler turned into a measly 2.75 miles of tight calf agony.  My calves are always tight when I roll out of bed so I usually walk around for 20 minutes in the house to warm them up but I didnt have time this morning.  I had to be back by 7:00 to wake up the kids for my sons early soccer game. 

Now I have 2 soccer games, a birthday part and a baseball game today so no chances to run later in the day forced me to just get the short run in.

HOpefully no rain tomorrow so I can get a good long run in and get over that 60 mile hump that I have never been able to reach before.

It's the fiber in the beer; fiber is the cure for the runs.

If this is true I should be able to knock out an easy marathon today....Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

easy marathon

When you put those two words together like that, it makes me worry that I don't speak the same language that you do... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

HOpefully no rain tomorrow so I can get a good long run in and get over that 60 mile hump that I have never been able to reach before.

What does rain have to do with it?  Are you the wicked witch's cousin or something?

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

What does rain have to do with it?  Are you the wicked witch's cousin or something?

Yeah, how did you know?  Actually third cousin twice removed, but the water thing still applies.

A Saucy Wench

high mileage is not happening this week.  Sleep is my major issue. Today I looked at the clock at 4:30 and said hell no.  I'll get my mile in today to keep the streak alive, but that's about all I can handle with 80 lbs of kids in the jogging stroller.

jeffdonahue

80 lbs of kids in the jogging stroller.

Been there, done that.  Actually did a 5K with them last October and I never felt like I ran so hard in my life - everything hurt after that race.

Lucky for me the kids are getting older so we gave away the runnign stroller - now I'll put them on their bikes maybe if they want to go out with me.

Have a great weekend away at the beach.

Jeff

MTA - There is still plenty of year left to catch up - knowing me, I'll tank somewhere later in the year.(just hopefully not till after my target 5K in mid-July).

jeffdonahue

high mileage is not happening this week.  Sleep is my major issue. Today I looked at the clock at 4:30 and said hell no.  I'll get my mile in today to keep the streak alive, but that's about all I can handle with 80 lbs of kids in the jogging stroller.

Trying to throw me off by telling me you cant do long mileage?  Nice run today - I only got two in at the track with the kids before they were ready to go.  Hopefully a good run tomorrow but I'm not sure since I have no idea what time DW and DD are getting home.

A Saucy Wench

Trying to throw me off by telling me you cant do long mileage?  Nice run today - I only got two in at the track with the kids before they were ready to go.  Hopefully a good run tomorrow but I'm not sure since I have no idea what time DW and DD are getting home.

Uh yeah, you too...telling me I am going to have an opportunity to catch you this week.

jeffdonahue

Uh yeah, you too...telling me I am going to have an opportunity to catch you this week.

It's all just a great big MIND GAME!!!!