A Mile A Day

100 days (Read 103 times)

Pammie

Well done to mainrunner for yesterday I did my 100th day today very warm in the middle of the day to be honest if you told me at the beginning of the year i'd be streaking i would have laughed, it just seems normal now. Did a race (5km) on Friday) at lunch time very warm and humid though it was slower than normal i felt quite strong
      Congrats! that is a great accomlishment
      2008 goals mile:5 :30 5k: sub 20:00

Oh Mighty Wing

CONGRATS!!!! Big grin
          Kudos, Pammie! Racing in hot and humid weather...you got guts, kid!
            Thanks Pammie and good job to you too. I just got back from vacation in Quebec Canada, and didn't update my log until today. A 100 day streak is a nice accomplishment.

q day

Another triple digit streaker. Great job!

"If you always do, what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always got."

jeffdonahue

Sweet - nice job Pammie!!!! Are you going to buy yourself something nice to commemorate the occasion?
                Pammie

Thanks all Jeff you know that did cross my mind last week when i knew i was coming up for the 100. About paying myself something like £1 a day (i'm from the UK) and then treating myself something every 100 days (i did buy myself some new running shoes last week. I remember reading something a few years back about someone who paid themselves something like 50p a mile and every so often they would treat themselves with the money they received from themselves
                  jeffdonahue

Thanks all Jeff you know that did cross my mind last week when i knew i was coming up for the 100. About paying myself something like £1 a day (i'm from the UK) and then treating myself something every 100 days (i did buy myself some new running shoes last week. I remember reading something a few years back about someone who paid themselves something like 50p a mile and every so often they would treat themselves with the money they received from themselves
                    I went to try to buy myself something at 100 days and realized that I really only had money available to buy the new shoes that I then needed because in 100 days I had run about 500 miles on the same pair of shoes. And wow - 50p per mile???? that could get expensive. I just dont have that much residual cash lying around.
                    Pammie

Jeff TBH i think it was a way to keep beginners motivated who were running low mileages, I could possibly do that on 20 mpw. I think a pound (or dollar) a day sounds more manageable
                        congrats! Big grin