A Mile A Day

New challenge - each day run longer! (Read 247 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Heh...

I've not been running longer as I thought I would, so I'm going to try a new "streak" this week - see how many days in a row I can run longer than the previous day.  Minimum increase: 0.1 miles.  So, today I ran 2.0 miles.  In order to keep my new streak alive, tomorrow I need to run AT LEAST 2.1 miles.  And so on.  Obviously this is not a streak to keep alive indefinitely.  I just want to see if it helps me get over my mental hurdle of not wanting to run longer.

Wish me luck!

Roads were made for journeys...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good luck and go wingz go!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Jill_B

I fly.

Good luck! 

I will not be participating in this challenge.  Smile

Bring it on.

Roses Revenge

Have fun.  Since I did 19.47 today, I won't be doing this.  Even if I hadn't done almost 20 miles today, I wouldn't be doing this.  But, if I'd known I was that close to 20, I'd have gone another half mile +.  I was only supposed to do 30K (18.6) today. I'd have easily been able to do another 7 miles to hit marathon distance, and maybe another 12 miles for a 50K.  And, I think this was day 70 of the streak so I'm feeling good.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL - thanks y'all.

My goal is to break the mental inertia that's kept me at no more than 3.0 miles per run.  I'm thinking I'd like to make it up to 5 mile runs.  We'll see.

Off to do day #2...

Ojo

Sounds like a fun idea -- your graph is going to look really cool!  Good luck!

Sara

MM #2929

Wingz

Professional Noob

Sounds like a fun idea -- your graph is going to look really cool!  Good luck!

Hey, I hadn't thought of the graph part!  That's a good reason to keep it at exactly 0.1 mile increase/day.  Wink

Ok, 2.2 done today.  Uff... You should have heard me whine!  On second thought, maybe it's better you didn't.  Wink

Wingz

Professional Noob

2.3 done today, in what ended up being an impromptu tempo run.  This was day 4 of my mini-streak.  Feeling good so far.  No whining today, just determination and starting to remember why it is that I fell in love with running the first time - it was because I could set little goals for myself and then meet them and feel successful!

So far, so good!  Tomorrow's 2.4 miles / day 5.

Since I did a long run today, I won't be running longer tomorrow.  But does it count that I planned an 18 miler & ended up running longer...19.1...today?  Ok, so part of it was poor planning & my car was still another 1.1 miles away when I hit 18 & there was no shorter way to get there.  But I did it, and it felt good, and it helped me clear a hurdle with my issues of not wanting to/thinking I couldn't do long runs.
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Rrrr.  I made it 6 days.Ran out of will, energy, and time on a day when it's often been hard for me to get just 1 mile in.  Made it 1.3.    Will re-start this challenge tomorrow.  Heh - I didn't make streaking work the first time I did it either.  Perhaps it's just like that.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Your streak is still going and you've run more miles than you did last week. 
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

*sigh*

So maybe this wasn't such a good idea.  After two weeks, and two "resets" at successively lower levels, I'm looking elsewhere.  Heh.  Well, it was worth a shot!

Next stop: more structure and starting to try to include one long run/wk.  I've planned out September (I used to plan for months at a time, lol!) so all I have to do (theoretically) is follow that plan.

Still streaking.  But that's more out of habit than motivation right now.  Eh.  Habit's good enough.