A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 07/27/09 (Read 245 times)

Not to pick on a fellow finance guy but I'm going to be at 7 months this week
    jeffdonahue

Not to pick on a fellow finance guy but I'm going to be at 7 months this week

Ugh, I think it being the end of the month is throwing me off for some reason - sorry.

Plus, I'm still really tired from my vacation.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congrats to everyone still on the streak.

I'm resetting with a start day of tomorrow. I've been MIA, even on running. My darn ankle injury has just friggin snowballed, and my docs have me on a new medication for an unrelated problem that has totally gotten my routines screwed up (and makes my heart race, so I can't do much more than a minimal effort without feeling like crap).

I'm likely deferring MCM until 2010 and DNSing steamtown.   Better safe than sorry, so I'll just focus on getting back into things slowly, aiming an hour a day starting tomorrow wih NO pace limits or concerns about walk breaks and rebuilding so I can do a fall 'thon next year.  

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Jill_B

I fly.

Ugh, so humid.  Only did 2 this morning because of it.

Bring it on.

Top 'O the World!

Nice, cool, lightly rainy, slow run this am 
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

100 days may be my last, the left hamstring, the same one that had me benched for 6 weeks popped in the first 0.25 miles of my 5K tonight.  I'll see tomorrow how bad it is, but I am probably mostly going to swim tomorrow.  

MTA: or drink heavily last night, be hungover and laze around today.  I havent even tried running today and dont think I will.

MTA2:  nope.  the streak is over.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jeffdonahue

MTA2:  nope.  the streak is over.

Sorry to hear that Anne, but I hope your injuries heal up better this time.

I did a mile and a hlf this morning really just to pick up donuts for the kids.  Then I did a half mile loop around the block barefoot.  IT actually felt pretty good - though the bottoms of my feet need to toughen up.  I am hoping that it helps my foot feel better for tomorrow's longer run, but my friends just copped out and only want to do 5 instead of the 8 we had planned.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ennay, I'm sorry to hear about your hamstring!  Those things can be a real pain to heal.  Don't stretch an injured hamstring, and take it easy much longer than you think you'll need because that particular muscle seems to keep coming back with problems for people.  Sad   You may want to see a sports doc.  Good luck!

Roads were made for journeys...

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, I'm sorry to hear about your hamstring!  Those things can be a real pain to heal.  Don't stretch an injured hamstring, and take it easy much longer than you think you'll need because that particular muscle seems to keep coming back with problems for people.  Sad   You may want to see a sports doc.  Good luck!

If it is the same thing I had in january, the hamstring itself is not injured.  Its just relayed pain.  The injury is in the tibufibular joint. 

The major question is why it keeps going out.

And there are no sports docs around here that I can find.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Chris, I hope you can find some enjoyment in completely throwing out pace concerns and just going easy for a while-- hopefully even quite a while.

And taking it easy sounds like a good idea, cause, you know, you can always rush into injury later if you decide you really miss being injured Smile

Ennay -- no sports docs? That sucks. But there are some elite athletes in your state, right? Must be some docs wherever they are.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

Ennay -- no sports docs? That sucks. But there are some elite athletes in your state, right? Must be some docs wherever they are.

I know pisses me off.  They are all under contract with Nike.  I know there must be some somewhere, but no one seems to know where. 

Ennay, I'm so sorry, that's horrible. I hope it's not as serious as before.

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, I'm so sorry, that's horrible. I hope it's not as serious as before.

Well I thought it wasnt, I actually have felt pretty good all weekend but didnt try running but then this morning I bent down to pick up something and I heard a crack and collapsed to the floor.  So not good.  Same damn joint problem.